Location: National Milling Corporation – Zambia
Reports To: Managing Director
Job Type: Expatriate
- Manage the day to day operations of the production assets of the company
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safe and efficient receipt of raw materials into silos or warehouses as appropriate
- Management of the wheat, maize, feed and finished product inventory from reception to dispatch
- Obtaining an extraction rate of flour and maize meal corresponding to the standards of the profession.
- Ensure a consistently high quality of finished product as established and expected by the company and the market.
- Continue looking for new and better methods to improve the overall operation and its efficiency.
- Working with internal and external resources, manage periodic replacement and upgrade of plants, processes, components and individual machines as needed.
- Establish and maintain the preventative maintenance program for all production assets of the company.
- Enforce established rules and regulations in order to maintain a safe work environment.
- Working with the Health and Safety Officer and production teams, proactively implement relevant procedures to improve health and safety where risks are identified
- Ensure that the company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement and improve Seaboard Corporate Operation manual policies.
- Weekly, monthly and annual control of the balance sheets of production and their follow-up.
- Presentation of accurate and complete weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual production reports.
- Responsible for the production and inventory figures provided to the Finance department.
- Responsible for working with the Human Resource Department to ensure production teams are appropriately staffed with the right number and qualifications of staff.
- Responsible for the training of workers and their professional follow-up.
- Responsible for the security and hygiene in all the installation of the company.
- Control of bags, additives, spare parts, fuel, water and tools inventory and stock.
- Responsible for the timely order of goods and items for the operation of the mill (except for grains and pulses)
- Manage relationships with third party suppliers as appropriate
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Education & Experience
- Milling degree preferred or accredited certificate in Milling Sciences.
- 5+ year grain milling experience.
- Technical knowledge of specific agricultural commodities.
- Exceptional organizational skills are required for the position.
- Fluency in English required.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to regularly work odd hours due to production demands.
- Must be in good physical health
- Expatriate must be able to operate outside normal comfort zone at times.
- Travel will be minimal
To apply for this job please visit www.seaboardoverseas.com .