Deadline of this Job:
30 March 2022
Within Zambia , Copperbelt , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accountant is responsible for ensuring appropriate systems and procedures (payroll, cash management, collections, supplier payments, budgeting, and other related aspects) are followed. The Accountant ensures business finances are handled in a manner that is cost-effective, timely, with proper internal controls and complies with any set terms. The Accountant will perform the daily cash management functions required in maintaining Renaissance bank?accounts. The Accountant will directly report to the Head of Operations and will work hand-in-hand with a supporting Accounting firm.
• Manage all accounting transactions
• Prepare budget forecasts
• Publish financial statements timely
• Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
• Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Ensure timely bank payments
• Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
• Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
• Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
• Audit financial transactions and documents
• Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
• Comply with financial policies and regulations
• Diploma in Accounting, related field or equivalent and 1- 3 years of experience.
• Results-oriented and focused, with the ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
• Budgeting, financial analysis, and MS Excel skills required.
• Proficiency with accounting software (QuickBooks preferred), Word, PowerPoint and Access.
• Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse and lead multidisciplinary teams.
• Verbal and written fluency in English, along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
• High level of integrity and impeccable record in previous accounting positions
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]