Purpose of the role:
To assist the head chef with cutting and weighing meat / poultry to a required standard as well as labelling, packing and storing prepared meat as per procedure.
- Ensure that the menu items are prepared on time.
- Braising and grilling meat and vegetables.
- Slicing, cutting, shredding, tenderizing, skewering meat and vegetables.
- Preparing meals in accordance with customer’s preferences, if applicable.
- Checking that ingredients remains fresh and safe for consumption.
- Ensure that the kitchen and work area is clean at all times.
- Must be able to prepare all sauces.
- Liaising with waitrons once orders are finalized and ready to be saved.
- Ensure proper storage of all raw and baked products.
- Informing the manager when equipment is due for maintenance, repair, or replacement.
- Ensure that all perishable products are kept in safe manner and away from other products.
- Ensure that all the vegetables are packed, sliced and prepares for services.
- Comply with food hygiene, safety and health protocols.
- Ability to safely use equipment.
- Full grade 12 school certificate.
- Diploma in food production or relative field.
- Experience and skills:
- At least 2 -3 years work experience in a reputable establishment organisation.
- Prior experience as a chef, preferably with a focus on grilling .
- Sober character and open minded with a positive attitude.
- Must be physically fit and great stamina.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Proven team player with acceptable verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on company website: