Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
30 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Contract Type: Consultancy
Person reporting to: Director-Knowledge Management and Communications
JSH is a Zambian company committed to working with governments, non-governmental entities, the private sector, civil society, and communities to improve the provision of public health services. JSH offers a full range of services, implementing public health interventions to improve individuals and communities’ health in Zambia and the region. JSH believes in inclusive growth. By supporting a broad spectrum of public health services, the company ensure local communities, including marginalized groups, have access to responsive, client-centered sustainable health systems.
The Graphic Designer will be designing a wide range of products across digital and offline media for JSH and all it projects. To be a successful in this position the candidate will be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail.
• Conceptualize visuals based on requirements;
• Prepare rough drafts and present ideas;
• Develop illustrations and other designs using software or by hand;
• Use the appropriate colors- and layouts for each graphic;
• Work with copy writers and Communication and Knowledge Management Advisor to produce final design;
• Amend design after feedback;
• Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand;
• Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Diploma or Bachelor of Science Degree in Graphic Design, Information Design and Technology, Fine Arts or related field;
• Three (3) years’ experience in a similar or related position;
• Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics;
• Proficiency with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop);
• Familiarity with Google Docs and Slides will be an added advantage;
• A strong eye for visual composition;
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English;
• Experience in website and multimedia design;
• Ability to manage processes, interpret/analyze a wide range of information from partners, and provide relevant design solutions;
• Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
• Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with program team members and partners.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Send an application via email ONLY to [email protected] . In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.