Matt Children’s Hope Foundation (MCHF) is a start-up nonprofit with registration No. RNGO 101/0956/2019 a section 16 under the Non-Governmental Organization Registration Act of 2019 of the laws of Zambia. It operates towards specific objectives to improve the rural lives of children and youths between the ages of five and twenty-five. It commits its efforts to scale down the levels of poverty observing its goal; “World of Positive Minds and Free from Poverty”. MCHF’s mission is to eradicate poverty through a change of mindset through education, health, promoting and enabling quality services to vulnerable rural communities of Zambia. In this regard, it wishes to hire a non-paid-volunteer (for a start) Grant Proposal Development Specialist as the organisation leads its early stage.
MCHF is pleased to invite applications for a Grant Proposal Development Specialist position. The Specialist will assist the research proposal process by identifying, conceptualizing, developing, and writing foundation proposals for external funding projects in line with its objectives. The proposal development specialist will provide pre-award services in various aspects of the proposal preparation and submission phase, including interpretation of the sponsoring agency’s guidelines, budget development, coordination of required approvals, and regulation and compliance requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, automate, and screen solicited and unsolicited funding opportunities that align with the mission of MCHF
- Provide full lifecycle editing and writing support for grant submissions, including profoundly create proposal work plans, managing timelines and project milestones, coordinating meetings and documents within research teams
- Edit draft proposals to create highly competitive submissions
- Provide guidance to Program Leads to clarify opportunity expectations/requirements with program officers and attend conference/consortium meetings to identify new opportunities.
- Review proposal feedback for potential resubmission opportunities and/or submission to other grant agencies
- Assist in the tracking, preparation, and submission of grant/contract reporting documentation, including serving as a point of contact for compiling report sections from researchers, editing for content and grammar, and reviewing submissions to ensure report requirements are met or exceeded
The ideal candidate will:
- Have outstanding technical writing and editing, research, and organization skills
- Provide knowledge of agency funding requirements and submission procedures
- Be able to multitask and work effectively under deadlines
- Understand MCHF culture and work well with a wide variety of individuals
- Deliver intense attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- At least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Matt Children’s Hope Foundation is a non-discriminatory employer in relation to gender, race, religion, ethnicity or differently-abled.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, please forward your CV, interest letter, and qualification documents to both Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.