Forecasting and Supply Planning Manager TO2-3-4 v
Jobs at:Chemonics International Inc.
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
General Summary and Background
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is the primary vehicle through which USAID procures and provides health commodities, provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
With 100+ staff across eight offices around the country, this diverse and complex program sets out to strengthen capacity of GRZ to develop sustainable systems that ensure availability and security of vital and essential health commodities through (1) increased data availability and use for informed supply chain decision making, (2) improved quantification procurement planning and coordination processes, (3) provision of cost-effective, reliable international and local procurement services, (4) improved efficiency in warehousing and distribution by the central medical store, and (5) increased strategic planning and governance by Ministry of Health (MOH) for improved commodity security. The project seeks to recruit (on a one-year contract renewable) for the following position of:
Position Title: Forecasting and Supply Planning Manager TO2-3-4 (1 Position)
Reporting: Task Orders 2-3-4 Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Forecasting and Supply Planning Manager TO 2-3-4 will lead a team of technical staff to meet project objective focused on strengthening GRZ-led forecasting and supply planning, and stock monitoring activities for Malaria, Family Planning/Reproductive Health, and Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health related commodities.
• Develop capacity building interventions for GRZ and supply chain partners who coordinate to ensure a reliable supply of health commodities for Zambia;
• Manage a team to design and roll out innovations to increase sustainability of forecasting, quantification and commodity monitoring activities;
• Work through team to establish monthly reporting on national supply levels and procurement plans to identify potential supply gaps early and develop responses to mitigate impact on service delivery;
• Ensure that all contract deliverables are met within areas of forecasting and supply planning;
• Represent PSM project at technical meetings with collaborating partners, senior government officials and/or donor agencies;
• Update forecasts and supply plans for all product classes to inform inventory purchasing and manufacturing planning;
• Maintain tight coordination and communication between the FASP, Procurement and Field Support units;
• Work collaboratively with the partners and the in-country quantification core teams to review country supply plans for all commodities. Recommend adjustments and reach consensus with in-country program management as needed;
• Work with the Procurement team to ensure that the procurement plans comply with demand forecast and resolve any discrepancies;
• Develop, maintain, and distribute the weekly late order report and drive action to resolve outstanding consignments.
• Supervise forecasting and supply planning specialists, including developing roles and responsibilities; design and monitor professional development plans, and conduct annual performance appraisals with supervisees;
• Develop and manage team annual work plans and budgets based on project resources available and intended annual and life of project targets set according to and USG priorities;
• Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team;
• Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently;
• Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with supervisor of record.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s or other advanced degree preferred;
• Minimum seven (7) years of experience working in supply chain management (preferably in public health) with substantive experience in forecasting and quantification, procurement, commodity policy, management, and supply chain systems strengthening;
• Thorough knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements required; experience working on USAID-funded health programs strongly preferred;
• Demonstrated skills in relevant forecasting software (Forlab and QAT), or other similar computer software programs, as well as general-purpose software such as Excel, Access, etc;
• Strong leadership and motivational ability;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
• Written and spoken English proficiency.
Location of assignment: Lusaka
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Complete the form under apply for job and attach the relevant documents by 5pm on Friday May 27, 2022. Please clearly include the position in the subject line of your application letter. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit chemonicsinternationalinc-hpajs.formstack.com