The Zambia Institute of Mass Communications (ZAMCOM) was established under the ZAMCOM Act of Parliament of 1996 to provide Communications and Media training and production services. ZAMCOM has been undergoing a Corporate renewal and is currently implementing a new strategic plan aiming at positioning the organization to becoming financially viable and Independent.
As part of its transformation process, ZAMCOM is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the following position;
Reporting to the Lodge Manager
- To oversee food planning and preparation for the restaurant/Lodge and ensure adherence to food safety and beverage regulations.
- Plan menus
- Address any customer complaints or concerns regarding food preparation and menu offerings.
- Manage food and beverage stock movement
- Co-ordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within the establishment
- Evaluate, monitor sales performance, and summarize sales reports.
- Conduct, daily, weekly and monthly stock inventories.
- To work closely with the Head Chef to ensure that all standards regarding food presentation and quality are improved
- Organize and oversee the work produced, decide which tasks need to be done and share these among the team.
- Ensure bills are paid for and/or signed for by clients.
- Schedule work shifts for kitchen and restaurant service Staff involving early mornings and late nights (including weekends and public holidays).
- Ensure staff under your supervision wear correct uniforms for hygiene reasons and easy identification.
- Ensuring that the facility operations are carried out as per food sanitation and safety regulations.
- Work hand in hand with the other supervisors and the Lodge Manger to effectively manage the operations of the Lodge.
- Produce monthly, quarterly & annual food & beverage cost reports.
- Prepare Daily, weekly, monthly and annual budgets depending on needs.
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Degree in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Minimum of Three (3) years experience
- Strong?verbal and?written communication skills
- Excellent Management skills
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations.
- Experience managing?a?diverse?team and?strong?willingness to build?capacity of local staff
- Knowledge of computer, using office software such as Excel, Word and Power Point.
Method of Application
All applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Zambia Institute of Mass Communications Educational Trust,
Plot 3529 Government Road,
PO Box 50386 RW,
Or send via email to: