Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the
Finance, Risk and Assurance Work stream Lead – Flex Operating Model(12 Months FTC) in Kenya or any existing Save the Children location
Save the Children SCI is evolving its organisational structure in order to stay true to its mission, vision and values, whilst being able to withstand external pressures – be those geo-political demands; increasing stakeholder expectations; challenging funding environments; reduced access to funding due to localisation; or declining trust in large INGOs. This project is focused on designing and implementing a future-oriented and more flexible operating model whilst maintaining the integrity, cohesion and reputation of the Save the Children movement.
The role holder will:
· Represent the requirements of the SCA Finance function on the Project
· Provide independent technical inputs to project delivery and engage with other SMEs are required ( new )
· Act as a relationship manager in respect of the Risk Management and Global Assurance functions ( new )
· Ensure on-going management of dependant stakeholders and their requirements
· Ensure buy-in and alignment from all SCA Finance stakeholders to the Project
· Qualified accountant / equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Significant experience as a Country Finance Director / Country Finance Manager within Save the Children
· Experience in successfully delivering transformation projects, including drafting plans, meeting deadlines, being recognised as trusted change agent by senior stakeholders, setting priorities according to project roadmap and multiple complex tasks at the same time.
· Experience in working with other functions
· Substantial Agresso knowledge and experience
· Strong interpersonal skills and highly developed cultural awareness, able to interact with stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority across the global movement
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
· A strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
· Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Self-motivated, self-starter
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 7 Jan 2021
Closing date: 16 Jan 2021 – 01:59 CAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Type: Fixed-term contract
To apply for this job please visit malawi.savethechildren.net .