Zambia Centre for Communication Programmes (ZCCP) is a not-for-profit, locally based multi-media communications organization, which uses the power of the mass media (radio, TV, print and electronic media) and social mobilization to reach the Zambian population and to affect social and behaviour change. The organization uses a rigorous formative research process to generate appropriate edutainment content relevant to health and development priorities in Zambia.
Established in 2002, the core activities of ZCCP since then have taken place under the auspices of a Regional Health Communication Programmes involving 9 country partners in southern Africa, which is co-coordinated by the Soul City Institute. To ensure that the developed materials and interventions are contextualized to local situations, ZCCP has developed Kwatu as a well-known health and development communication brand, which has been used to carry out all of ZCCP’s products. Overtime ZCCP has integrated other socio-health issues such as HIV/AIDS and Gender-based violence and campaign to end child marriages in Zambia.
ZCCP is implementing the Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (ZCHPP) in Kabwe and Kapiri Mposhi districts in Central Province, Chipata district in Eastern Province and Mufulira district in Copperbelt. The ZCHPP project is funded by PEPFAR and USAID through PACT.
The goal of ZCHPP is to reduce new HIV infections in Zambia among Priority Populations [ Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW), People Living With HIV (PLWH), Mobile workers, Discordant Couples and Non-Injectable Drug Users (NIDU)] by increasing adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions
ZCCP is therefore looking for suitably qualified individuals to fill up the following position:
Job Title – Z-CHPP Finance Officer – Short Term Contract Six Months (1 Position)
Location: National Office Lusaka
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures integrity of the day to day accounting, including accounts system maintenance, receipts and vouchers examination, fund advance reconciliations, projecting and tracking expenditures;
- Work with the Grants Manager in compliance with all PACT financial management policies and regulations;
- Work with the Grants Manager on monthly feedback related to submitted financial reports;
- Participate in Desk Reviews, Audit exercise, and office compliance inspections.
- Coordinate desk review feedback and develop review feedback action plan.
- Implement Project close out plan in line with agreed timelines.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and complete inputs for monthly financial reports;
- Issue vouchers for all expenses, and Proof of Payment to vendors;
- Tracking and monitoring of staff business/ travel advances
- Maintain up-to-date Bank reconciliations
- Review completed staff activity advance retirement documents.
- Ensure that all expenses incurred are paid for in a timely manner and receipted
- Ensure VAT free exemption on settlements
- Ensure field office space rentals are paid in time as per lease agreements and the rental schedule is constantly updated;
- Enter complete and approved transactions in Pastel Sage accounting system
- Ensure regular communication of all financial related matters;
- Provide timely written feedback to all staff on employee expense reports and payments requests review queries.
- Compile all project staff timesheets on a monthly basis; and
- Support the unit with all other tasks as maybe assigned by Team lead.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of an accounting degree and/or a recognized professional accounting qualification (ACCA II, CIMA, ZICA or equivalent);
- At least 3 years of work experience in financial management for international donors preferably USAID funded projects
- Experience with Pastel Sage accounting system desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi task and willing to take initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member;
- Fluency in English
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
ZCCP is committed to the protection of children and adult project beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including signing of the Child Protection Policy.
The Human Resources Officer
Zambia Centre for Communication Programmes
P.O Box 31469, Plot 18 Matandani Road, Lusaka.
Method of Application
If interested in the advertised position, visit our website http://www.zccpkwatu.org , go to our work then download and complete our ZCCP Application form and send it with your CV to [email protected] .
Note: Only the CV and ZCCP Application form should be sent. Closing date is 23 rd March, 2021. Women are encouraged to apply.