Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Family Health and Nutrition Project (FHN) is a five-year, USAID-funded project that will contribute to reduction of maternal mortality and under five mortality through collaboration with Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), Ministry of Health (MOH), communities and other local partners to improve health system performance and to deliver high-quality, accessible reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) care. Working in four provinces, Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga, and Southern, FHN will work with MOH provincial and district counterparts to deliver high-quality services, strengthen health systems, and increase community engagement.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following position(s):
Reports to: Director Finance and Administration
Positions supervised: Finance Officer
Finance Manager will be responsible for providing financial management and for meeting the day-to-day financial needs of FHN to maintain daily operations in an efficient and effective manner. In addition, the Finance Manager will oversee and direct the financial operations of the USAID project including tasks such as financial reporting, review of payment vouchers, and provide financial support for the distribution of funds for workshops or activities. The Finance Manager will be part of the country office team responsible for developing budgets and work plans for the project activities
• Under the guidance of Director Finance & Administration, oversee and direct the financial operations of the USAID Project Finance Unit, including tasks such as financial reporting, review cheques and payment vouchers, and provide financial support for the distribution of funds for workshops or activities.
• Train, mentor and supervise Finance Officers in various finance functions like budgeting, QuickBooks, preparing reports, monitoring expenditure, etc., in an aim to build competencies in these areas to ensure optimal performance of the unit.
• Oversee the preparation of monthly financial reports, such as the QuickBooks expenditure report (P&L), monthly accruals and projections report for review and approval by the Director Finance & Administration.
• Ensure that project expenditures that are billed in the QuickBooks are consistent with approved budgets, or have the necessary approvals to be billed.
• Provide the first line budgetary analysis and modifications as requested for in-country or from Baltimore.
• Provide financial management technical support to other programmatic aspects as necessary.
• Oversee the management of cash flow and funds forecasts for the project
• Will be part of the country office team responsible for developing budgets and work plans for the in-country activities and other the local project costs.
• Prepare for project audits and lead the finance team and other required staff, through the audit process, respond to and implement audit inquiries, findings, recommendations and observations in in conjunction with Director Finance & Administration
• Provide first line financial management and training, technical assistance and support to grantees, subcontractors and partner organisations as required.
• Participate in training programs to ensure proper integration of project financial management practices with organization wide policies and procedures.
• Oversee the tracking of payments to grantees, subcontractors, sub-agreements and consultants and reconcile with reports to ensure that no over payments are made.
• Ensure compliance with all government tax regimes and requirements, as well as other legal and statutory mandates.
• Monitor disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with Jhpiego’s financial policies and procedures as outlined in the Jhpiego Finance and Accounting policies manual for country offices, Banking Policy, QuickBooks Manual, Procurement Manual, and any other policies.
• Review of budgets for partner sub-agreements and recipient monthly financial reports; review and monitor the financial records of implementing partners
• Provide supervision, guidance and mentorship of staff and ensure team spirit within the project finance team. Also work with other departments like administration to ensure optimum support and linkages. Train and mentor the finance team and program staff as needed
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor
• Degree in Accounting/Finance, full CIMA or ACCA or related.
• 7-8 years of post-qualification experience in financial management with at least 3 years in a senior position in a reputable NGO or development agency
• Experience in accounting for projects funded by international donors (knowledge of USAID contracts regulations preferred)
• Strong computer skills including Quick Books, Excel, Word, and Word Perfect applications;
• Demonstrated strong leadership and supervisory skills;
• Able to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines;
• Willing to work on a wide range of tasks.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line (position – location) to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected] .
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Friday 30th July, 2021.