Position Title: Finance Associate (x1)
Project: CDC/FHI 360 Technical Assistance (TA) Project
Location: Chipata, Eastern Province
Reports to: Senior Finance and Administration Officer (SFAO)
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidate for the position of: Finance Associate (x1)
Under the direction of the Senior Finance & Administrative Officer (SFAO), the Finance Associate’s primary role is to support the Senior Finance & Administration Officer with financial services to ensure high quality, accuracy and consistency in offering an effective clerical support in service delivery to the CDC PHO TA Project office in Chipata.
Duties and responsibilities
- Receive and review daily payment requests from service providers & staff members;
- Ensure payments tracker is updated with all payment request submissions;
- Review supporting documentation against FHI 360 payment requirements;
- Work with service providers to address and resolve queries related to submitted invoices;
- Participate in service provider meetings;
- Capture invoices ready for payment on the accounting system;
- Prepare and send remittance advices to service providers;
- Assist the finance team with accruals at year end;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree in accounting, finance and business administration or its recognized equivalent CIMA, ACCA, NATECH.
- Registered with ZICA
- Previous experience in working with a variety of donors, such as CDC is preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in an NGO environment;
- Self-directed, self-motivated, with excellent attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and excellent time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player with proven communication, diplomacy, and problem solving skills;
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff, internal management as well as clients;
- Strong writing skills and ability to produce documents and reports primarily in English;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The last day of receiving applications is 19 December, 2021 .
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com .