Finance and Operations Director
Jobs at:Right to Care
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The Maintained Epidemic Control of HIV (MECH) Project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The MECH project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
About the Position
Request to Hire: Ref#
Date advertised: 20th August 2021
Closing date: 25th August 2021
Position: Finance and Operations Director
Contract type: Fixed-Term
Contract duration: Two (2) Years
Reporting to: Chief of Party
Job grade: TBA
Contact Person: Vacancy14
Contact email: [email protected]
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Chartered Accountant
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience managing financial, accounting, and operations functions for large, multi-faceted USAID Programs in the $25 million and up range.
• Experience with USAID Program accounting requirements and experience in creating, utilizing, and managing systems and staff that ensure compliance with those requirements.
• Experience in budget monitoring and managing financial reporting requirements.
• Balance of strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated success in achieving results under challenging implementation circumstances.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
• MBA, MSc Finance
• Experience in financial strategic initiatives.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
• Advanced computer literacy in financial systems
• Not for profit accounting
• Strong financial acumen
• Change management
• Deadline and detail driven
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Decision making skills
• Stakeholder relationship management
• Budgeting and financial management
• Project Management skills
• Computer literate
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
• Coaching, Training and Facilitation skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
Key Performance Areas
• Manage, design, develop and adapt policies, guidelines and criteria for the management of the programme finances and sub-grants in accordance with MECH standards and donor regulations.
• Collaborate closely with the MECH chief of party, and other senior Program staff to ensure compliance with USAID requirements in all financial, administrative, and other operational areas. Collaborate with program leads to identify resources that help the program meet its goals, deliverables, and milestones.
• Contribute to the development of annual work plans and translate the work plan to line items in order to develop annual and Program budgets.
• Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process with MECH Chief of party, Sub-Awardees and Partners.
• Develop budgets, and budget forecasts, and monitor budgets on an on-going basis.
• Monitor expenses against the program budget, and provide precise, detailed, reports during Program startup and throughout implementation and close-out.
• Maintain effective linkages between technical components and finance and administrative functions within the Program.
• Oversee the preparation of the financial quarterly report for board of directors.
• Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
• Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs.
• Oversee and provide support to the head of operations
• Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all A-133 audit issues are resolved, and all 403(b) compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with IFRS and all statutory requirements.
• Review country statutory financials. Assist in preparing internal audit systems to ensure adherence to statutory and donor requirements.
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
• Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
• Support the full cycle of grants management activities from pre-award assessments, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures.
• Coordinate with, Partner, Sub-Awardee organizations to ensure consistent, effective, and efficient use of Program resources. Monitor financial performance and progress toward objectives.
• Review and audit sub awardees’ reports, budgets, expenses and proposals to ensure compliance with award terms and USAID regulations and maintenance of accurate financial records.
• Attend Board of Directors meetings.
• Attend Audit & Risk Subcommittee meetings.
• Manage all aspects of procurement, from planning to purchasing, in compliance with MECH’s policies and standards
• Supervise Senior Finance Manager, Senior Operations Manager, Senior HR Manager and the Procurement Manager.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]