The Global Humanitarian Surge Platform (GHSP) operates on behalf of the members and SCI, and is dedicated to identifying, developing and deploying skilled and experienced surge staff from across the movement to meet the needs of our domestic and international responses. This helps to improve our response quality, timeliness, and effectiveness; ultimately, this will save the lives of children and their families. The platform is responsible for:
- Ensuring our humanitarian responses have access to suitably skilled and experienced staff they need to deliver a high quality and timely humanitarian response;
- Managing the end to end deployment process for all surge deployments;
- Identifying and developing future humanitarian surge staff to meet the needs of our responses;
- Identifying new and innovative ways to meet the surge needs of our responses.
The Finance and Admin Officer will be integral part of the Global Humanitarian Surge Platform (GHSP) core team. In collaboration with the GHSP Finance Manager, s/he will contribute to the financial management of the platform, support the end-to-end deployment process on financial matters and provide administrative support to the platform staff related to our finance and procurement systems. The role holder will be expected to work with a wide range of stakeholders across Save the Children International and Member offices.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
To apply for this job please visit zambia.savethechildren.net .