Deadline of this Job:
18 June 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
*This position is reserved for women only.
Job category: Administrative/Secretarial
The YWCA is a Christian, membership, non-partisan, volunteer based, non-governmental organisation (NGO), affiliated to the World YWCA Council dedicated to the empowerment of the community (especially women, youth and children) to contribute to the attainment of a just society through rights- based approaches and sustainable interventions.
YWCA seeks to employ an Executive Director.
Position reports to: the Board through the President
Purpose of Job
• Responsible for the overall leadership, co-ordination and management of YWCA programmes including management of finances, material resources and personnel.
• Ensure that the work area contributes to the vision and mission of YWCA
• Responsible for organization’s planning and reporting to the Board and Stakeholders
• Facilitates documentation and implementation of policies and inform the Board accordingly
• Responsible for development and management of organisation’s budget
• Provides efficient, transparent and effective management of the Associations finances
• Identify and mobilise resources internally and externally
• Responsible for the recruitment, supervision and development of the human resource in order to achieve overall organisations objectives
• Provide good public relations, interventions and interpersonal skills as required for cordial administration
• Co-ordinate the management of the entire organisatios assets and inform the Board and Trustees when necessary
• Cultivate and maintain good rapport with stakeholders
• Monitor the performance of all Standing Committees in the organisation
• Provide secretarial services to the Board and the Committees when required
• Implementing the programme of action in line with the Strategic Plan. Ensuring transparency and accountability in terms of resources and personnel functions
• Ensuring effective management and utilization of resources
• Ensuring mutual transparency in policy formulation and implementation of programmes
• Ensuring participatory management
• Representing YWCA locally and internationally
• Acting as spokesperson for the organisation with donors and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and Attributes
• Passion for the YWCA mission and must not engage in active party politics during her tenure
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Development studies, Finance, Project Management, Economics, Public Health, Social Work, Gender Studies or other relevant related field
• A minimum of 10 years of demonstrable broad program, financial and operations management experience in a senior position
• Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communication, administration and personnel management skills essential.
• Ability to develop and sustain a diverse funding base
• An affinity for working with culturally and politically diverse stakeholders
• Visionary, trustworthy, diplomatic, understanding and innovative with high energy level
• Experience managing a complex budget
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong presentation skills
• Must be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity in identifying and addressing strategic issues facing the Association
• Must be able to effectively manage continuity, change and transition
• Must be able to set and achieve clear and measurable goals and reasonable deadlines
• Must be able to deal effectively with demanding situations and designs and implements effective interventions.
• Must be able to consistently display integrity and model the Association’s culture and values
• Understanding of the NGO sector
The position requires a person who has the following experience and attributes;
• Experience in raising the visibility of an institution through the development and implementation of a sustainable marketing campaign tailored to its various stakeholders as well as the public
• Must have raised not less than K5 million through proposal development
• Must have experience in effective resource mobilization program by serving as the chief development officer or hiring and supervising an individual responsible for this activity
• Experience working with Boards of directors and volunteers
• Must have experience in helping to ensure that the Board members carry out philanthropy and resource mobilisation activities
• Must have experience in nurturing loyalty through a comprehensive relationship building with donors
• Must have actively participated in identifying, cultivating and soliciting donor prospects Relationship (Advocacy/ Partnerships) Building
• Must have experience in identifying and maintaining the key relationships necessary to support an effective Association
• Must have experience in representing an organisation at all appropriate external and internal functions
• Must have experience in acting as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to the Association, its services and constituencies
• Experience in establishing systems to obtain feedback from clients, volunteers, donors and the community in order to improve services and encourage community involvement and participation in the Association’s work
• Experience in serving as organisation’s chief spokesperson and acts as advocate for issues relevant to the Organisation Leadership
• Success at fund development, including knowledge of and success in attracting donors and corporate grants; ability to solicit individual donors
Interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit an application letter with a detailed CV (Maximum 3 pages) only which should include a daytime contact number and three (03) recent reachable referees.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application can be submitted to the following;
Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA)
Plot # 7391, Nationalist Road (opposite UTH)
P. O. Box 50115, Lusaka, Zambia
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 18th June, 2021 at close of business.
Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted