Evaluation of the Health Technology Management Improvement Project Terms of Reference
Jobs at:Tropical Health & Education Trust (THET)
Deadline of this Job:
09 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THET is a global health organisation that has been managing programmes to strengthen health systems and Human Resources for Health (HRH) for 30 years. THET runs health system and health workforce strengthening programmes in Ethiopia, Myanmar, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Somalia/Somaliland and under the Health Partnership Scheme (HPS), has provided training, advice and support to more than 200 partnerships between UK and Lower- and Middle-Income Health institutions across over 30 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. THET’s approach supports locally developed and owned solutions to healthcare challenges.
THET Zambia is finalizing its Health Technology Management Improvement (HTM-I) Project under a grant agreement with The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida). The objective of the Project is to improve the maintenance situation of medical equipment in hospitals in Eastern, Southern, Muchinga and Luapula Provinces of Zambia. This will lead to an improved availability of medical equipment in participating hospitals, in support of the associated, Sida-funded, Reproductive Maternal New-born Child Adolescent Health/Nutrition (RMNCAHN) Programme under the Ministry of Health.
The selected consultant(s) will:
• Prepare and submit to THET an inception report including methodology to be used, work plans and schedules for the assignment for review, feedback and approval by THET.
• Develop evaluation tools.
• Conduct a desk review of project documents and reports.
• Establish working contacts with the relevant stakeholders for the project, in order to:
• Conduct field visits to a sample of the participating hospitals or facilities in the mentioned provinces- visiting hospitals, district and provincial healthcare offices.
• Interview a range of stakeholders in the project, including hospital management, clinicians and nurses, BMETs, District Health management, Provincial Health management and National Health Management and RMNCAHN project management. Interviews can be conducted face to face and online.
• Submit a comprehensive report on the findings, for review and feedback by THET
Required Education Skills and Experience
• At least 10 years’ experience in conducting similar evaluations in Zambia or similar country settings.
• A minimum of 5 years’ in-depth knowledge and experience of maternal health in Zambia.
• Proven knowledge of broader health service delivery of Zambia
• Proven understanding experience of applying the OECD-DAC Criteria in project evaluations.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Sida reporting requirements
• Ability to travel to health facilities in target project locations to conduct field visits and carry our interviews.
• Excellent spoken, written and communication English and local language skills.
• Good leadership, communication and facilitation skills.
• Able to travel to project locations to conduct interviews
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Job application procedure
Interested individual consultants or a team of consultants should submit a one page cover letter, CV ( 3 pages) and detailed work plan and budget to [email protected] no later than 9th August 2021 at 5pm Zambia time.
The selected consultant(s) must be available to provide appropriate levels of input at various stages throughout the assignment delivery. The consultant must comply with the THET rules and procedures related to country policy.