Corteva Agriscience™, the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
- We’re hiring for Senior Research Associate and Operations Planner
- Learn how you can be our voice in the conversation about the future of agriculture.
- As Senior Research Associate and Operations Planner you will be responsible for the overall planning and coordination of activities conducted at the Research Station and execution of Nursery experiments (inbred nurseries and seed production) supporting East Southern and Central Africa (ESCA) breeding programs. This role is responsible for the day-to-day management at the Site and serves as the liaison between all process leads at the center level and serves as the overall key contact for the center. This individual ensures safe, effective and efficient management of Site processes at the local level and plans for Research resources (manpower, machinery, equipment and tools and facilities) needed to produce high quality data, research seed production targets, on-time field operations and product advancement schedules.
You Will Be Part of Growing Team
- The African Plant Breeding Research and Development team innovatively develops hybrid seed product to serve African producers and consumers.
- Plan, organize, and direct research operations to ensure the most effective use of assets while meeting research/business objectives; may include, but not limited to the management of: personnel, equipment, facility and land use.
- Manage research operations through both collaboration with local team colleagues and subordinate staff that have full accountabilities for their respective area(s).
- Plan, coordinate and execute field nurseries to meet regional targets according to established timelines for both main season and off-season nurseries.
- Work in conjunction with Research Scientist(s) and EZ Lead(s) to establish project goals consistent with business unit goals which reflect internal and external customer needs.
- Coach, support and develop employees and colleagues in a manner that fosters effective collaboration and teamwork, demonstrating and modeling the Core Values.
- Work with research center leadership team to proactively plan and address future needs.
- Review of operations and fixed projections and implement corrective actions to stay within budget.
- Provide feedback to Finance regarding the center’s operating and capital budgets.
- Implement best productivity practices at center and ensure these practices are sustained.
- Monitor and manage capacity constraints, equipment problems, labor scheduling, etc. to ensure research goals are met.
- Identify and resolve problems with help as needed from the local center leadership team and upper management (Research Directors, EZ Leads, etc.).
- Ensure SHE programs are implemented and fully executed
Key Stakeholders And Interactions:
- Plant Breeding Research and Development local, regional and global team members. Local and regional EHS&S team members. Local commercial unit leadership and finance teams. Local seed production team members. Crop protection team members. Local farmer and cooperator groups.
- To Grow What Matters, You Will Need:
- Qualification in Resource Planning or Master’s degree (MSc) or bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Science related field and experience in Scientific resource planning.
- 8 -12 Years’ experience in corporate (preferably global) environment is required.
Qualification/Training resource planning/management is preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in team leadership and resource planning is required.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to learn from, and lead collaboration across, a team of functional technical experts is a key competency.
- High aptitude for learning in an agile environment
- Strong communication skills and people management skills are essential. Ability to work well in diverse teams and identify and employ individual strengths to meet company goals is required. Experience in leading teams of this nature is required.
- Experience in the fundamentals of budget planning, procurement and financial planning is beneficial
- Data driven forward planning (short- and long-term) and experience in doing so is required.
- Experience in seed/agricultural product development environment or research and development teams is required. Knowledge of seed production nurseries and maize cropping is beneficial.
- Proven ability to build consensus, make timely decisions and solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills are required for fostering teamwork, enhancing a good working environment, and effectively developing strong working relationships with a diverse group of people across a range of countries and locations
- Ability to supervise/handle multiple tasks at one time is critical.
- Excellent project management skills to maintain a range of diverse activities simultaneously
- Requires ability to forecast/anticipate work demands months and years ahead to plan manpower needs, resource needs, space requirements, etc.
- Agricultural knowledge of crop systems and agronomy, seed production systems and/or seed processing is advantageous but not a requirement.
- High workload with long hours and weekend work during seasonal peaks
- Physical ability to lift15kg, ability to stand/sit for extended periods
Who Are We Looking For?
- Curious, bold thinkers who want to grow their careers and be part of a winning team
- Market shaping individuals who want to transform the agriculture industry to meet the world’s growing need for food
- Collaborators who thrive in a diverse, inclusive work environment
- Innovators who bring initiative and fresh ideas that drive our business into the future and make us an industry leader
Growing What Matters Starts With You… What We Can Offer To Help You Grow?
- Opportunity to be part of a global industry leader working to discover solutions to the most pressing agricultural challenges of our time
- Challenging work assignments that grow your skills, capabilities and experiences
- Opportunities for international rotations and relocation that will expand your global view and cultural experience
- Diverse, inclusive work environment where employees bring their whole selves to work and feel heard, valued and empowered
- Dedicated and customized resources to help grow your professional skills, industry expertise and personal perspectives.
- Joining us is a natural opportunity to strengthen your professional network through valuable relationships.
- Support the health and well-being of every employee by offering world-class benefits, meaningful work and competitive salary
- Performance driven culture with a strong focus on speed, efficiency and agility
- Qualification in Resource Planning or Master’s degree (MSc) or bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Science related field
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: