Equipment Support Services Manager
Jobs at:NMS Infrastructure Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
21 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NMS Infrastructure of the UK has been contracted by the Ministry of Health in Zambia to design, construct and equip three 200-bed District Hospitals and 108 Health Centres
Job Title: Equipment Support Services Manager.
NMSI – Zambia Ltd seeks an experienced and proven Equipment Support Services Manager (ESSM) to take on the role of Equipment Management for several programmes in Zambia.
Reporting to: NMSI Infrastructure Installation, Commissioning, Maintenance and Training Manager
Based at: Lusaka.
Qualifications & Experience
• Preferable a Master’s degree in Biomedical engineering or related subject; but candidates with a Bachelor’s degree are encouraged to apply.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Hospital setting.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management System and safety standards is essential.
• International experienced – proven ability to work within an international and local team of professionals.
Position and Responsibilities
• Coordinate Installation, Commissioning, Maintenance and Training (ICMT) within the in-house and OEM local agents.
• Liaise with the construction team to prepare Installation, Commissioning and Training (ICT) timelines and schedule of teams.
• Liaise with Logistic team for delivery of the Equipment to site.
• Prepare Call Forward list for Equipment to sites.
• Liaise with Provincial and District MOH Directors to prepare staff for Equipment End User Training (EEUT) at each site or centrally where possible.
• To make sure Equipment are signed over to the MOH before the EEUT training.
• Liaise with the Provincial Principal Biomedical Engineers for the for signing off the Equipment to the MOH before the EEUT training.
• Consolidate all the signed document from every site and prepare reports.
• Ensuring departmental policies and procedures are followed.
• Managing other projects as assigned.
• Managing departmental productivity and performance improvement initiatives.
• Assistance in the management of the computerized maintenance management system.
• Representing Installation, Commissioning, Maintenance and Training (ICM&T) at meetings as assigned.
• Instructing hospital personnel on safe and proper operation and maintenance of hospital Equipment.
• Supervision of departmental staff.
• Any other duty which will be assigned by the ICM&T Manager and Senior Management.
The successful applicant will: –
• have proven and successful experience as an Equipment Support Services Manager in a hospital setting.
• be an excellent and experienced team leader who believes in the value of people and will encourage others around him.
• be experienced in handling and optimising the effectiveness of a small team.
Essential Professional Skills
• Be literate in the use of Microsoft Office, Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), security systems and many forms of communications.
• Be highly organised and detail oriented.
• Excellent communication (written/verbal), time management, organisation, and problem-solving skills;
• The ability to work under pressure and deliver with accuracy to timelines.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]