Environmental Technician – Short Term Contract
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Environmental Advisor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Environmental Technician.
Reporting to the Environmental Advisor , your duties will include but not limited to the following;
Managing the inhouse nursery which include ensuring seed stock availability, housekeeping, seedling tendering and record keeping.
- Ensuring waste segregation at disposal site and scraping facility and keeping waste generation/segregation records.
- Preparation of materials and tooling for environmental sampling activities as well as conduct monitoring activities for air, water and soil/land.
- Conduct inspections and audits as per provided procedures.
Experience & Qualifications
- Full grade 12 certificate with five subjects including maths and English
- Tertiary Qualifications (Certificate) in Environmental Management, Environmental Health, Project Management, or similar field
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .