Entomology Manager- ATSB Project
Deadline of this Job:
21 December 2021
Within Zambia , Kaoma , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
*** this position is open to internal staff only***
PATH is an international non-profit organization that transforms global health through innovation. We take an entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving vaccines and devices to collaborative programs with communities. Through our work in more than 70 countries, PATH and our partners empower people to achieve their full potential.
In the last several years, remarkable progress has been made in fighting Malaria worldwide. Advancements in prevention and treatment have resulted in marked reductions in illness and death. Eliminating malaria is achievable using existing tools and a focused strategy anchored on innovation. PATH is working with its national partners to plan and develop evidence-based frameworks to guide malaria elimination.
The Attractive Targeted Sugar Bait (ATSB) is a new vector control tool that operates on the ‘‘attract and kill’’ strategy to reduce aged malaria carrying mosquito populations and overall malaria transmission. The ATSB trial is currently being implemented in three high malaria endemic districts of Kaoma, Nkeyema and Luampa in Western Province of Zambia. As part of PATH’s support to the Government of Zambia’s Ministry of Health (MoH) for malaria control and elimination activities, PATH is seeking for an Entomologist and Entomology Manager to assist with the roll out and management of the Attractive Targeted Sugar Bait (ATSB) project based in Kaoma, Western Zambia. The Entomologist and Entomology Manager will be reporting directly to the Trial Manager of ATSB project, and the specific duties and requirements are listed below.
• Oversee and manage all operational entomological surveillance activities in the ATSB study areas.
• Managing and supporting all entomological monitoring, planning and implementation of ATSB project supported districts.
• Planning and managing entomological supplies and stock management for ATSB activities.
• Promote capacity building of local staff at community and district scale in routine entomological work related to Attractive Targeted Sugar bait.
• Managing and coordinating training of local staff in entomological surveillance of ATSB project supported districts.
• Managing mosquito collection, preservation, and transportation to the central laboratory in Lusaka and Macha Research Trust.
• Collecting, organizing, and presenting results of ATSB entomology monitoring activities.
• Managing and contributing to development and management project-related plans, budgets, and team requirements
• Master’s Degree in a relevant field (Entomology, Public Health, and health related field). A master’s degree in entomology will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of two (03) years’ experience working with entomological studies and / or implementing indoor residual spraying activities in the context of malaria control programs.
• Excellent computer skills using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook—must have demonstrable ability to format documents, prepare charts and manage data; experience with MS Access preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include conflict resolution, priority management and managing expectations of multiple clients.
• Highly organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities and ability to work well under deadlines.
• Work in team situation with minimum supervision.
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills; experience in facilitating trainings is highly desired.
• Adequate experience in project management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.