Engineer, Planning and Reliability
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
22 May 2022
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To optimize, improve and oversee the inputs into the work plan for his department by improving the planning and scheduling process from an execution point of view.
• Assist the Area Superintendent and Maintenance coordinator to effectively plan for all maintenance works; accountable for the development of planning KPIs, schedule optimization and review of the detailed 1year, 4 months and 4 week plans.
• Provide engineering support to ensure in-house component refurbishment projects satisfy OEM standards.
• Implement effective predictive and proactive maintenance systems to effectively capture equipment health and recommend actions.
• Engage End users with feedback on improving maintenance practices.
• Initiate and implement innovative and cost effective measures with measurable financial benefits to the department.
• Hands on experience in maintenance and production related processes.
• Ensure a safe work environment is maintained applying all company policies and safe work practices, demonstrating a strong commitment to the safety of employees
• Provide engineering support services for the installation, maintenance and operation of various project works ensuring the safety, efficiency and integrity of the network in accordance with requirements
• Manage the technical and financial aspects of small scale projects, applying effective project management techniques from inception to completion
• Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis on all premature failures. Liaise with other teams in troubleshooting root cause and incident investigations including equipment failures and defects for low impact planned and unplanned events.
• Participate in the improvement of engineering standards, specifications and instructions associated with replacement, refurbishment and augmentation of equipment
• Mentor junior mechanics in understanding advanced function of predictive maintenance, RCFA and Mentoring and development of reliability culture and best practices and techniques;
• Conduct fault finding investigations and prepare closure report on all components on heavy equipment
• Ensure that Maintenance data are captured and stored for future analysis and liaise with other technical and operations department as required;
• Lead, participate in, and advocate Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) application including interpretation of CBM data;
• Coordinate, interpret, report and communicate failure analyses through various data sources;
• Perform any other duties as required by Management.
• Grade twelve (12) school certificate or its equivalent; and
• Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered.
• Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
• Extensive knowledge in ERP systems such as Pronto or SAPA
• Good understanding of Conditional Monitoring techniques, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Failure Modes/ Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance/reliability with a proven track record of open pit, truck, drills, ancillary and shovel operations.
• Previous experience as reliability engineer would be advantageous
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.