Engineer, Mine Planning
Jobs at:First Quantum Careers
Deadline of this Job:
30 October 2021
Within Zambia , Kalumbila , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
The Mining Engineer – Drill Scheduling, is responsible and accountable for delivering and controlling a short term drill plan that is in line with the short and medium term mining plan. This includes any mine design requirement.
Specific Job Responsibility
• Drill scheduling and alignment to the medium term plan to achieve desired outcomes
• Be first point of contact for the mining production team regarding drilling operations.
• Ensuring that equipment are being applied optimally in suitable conditions
• Maintain high performing service support functions
• Issuing of mining control data to be used by surveyors
• Plan, organize and follow up on work, ensuring that tasks and schedules are fully understood within the team, handing over or escalating as required.
• Ensure relevant mining production personnel are up to date on any changes in the mine plan.
• Develop and maintain procedures where required
• Documentation of relevant knowledge and upskilling of the assistant Mining Engineers
• Continuous commitment to health and safety practises.
• Advise and provide recommendations for continuous improvement opportunities in work processes.
• Be accountable for the quality of service and performance.
Job Specific Competences
• Advanced mining knowledge and experience
• Advanced skills in the MS office suite and mine scheduling software
• Skilled in the delivery of a wide range of mine planning services, able to provide the highest level of customer support, with excellent leadership and people management skills.
• Operational skills to include troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making.
• Strong and motivated team lead with well-developed interpersonal, collaboration and facilitation skills.
• Time management - having the ability to work on multiple activities and manage competing priorities.
Experience and Qualifications
• B Eng. Mining Engineering
• Blasting License – preferred
• EIZ and ERB registration
• Current driving license
• 5+ years’ experience in a large hard rock open pit mining environment.
• Experience in mine scheduling.
• Exposure to multicultural environments.
• Work experience in the mining sector.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Follow this link to appy
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.