Engineer, Instrumentation - Automation & Control
Jobs at:First Quantum
Deadline of this Job:
30 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Will be responsible to execute / perform tasks related to Control & Instrumentation Systems with specific emphases on PLC Hardware, PLC Configuration, PLC Algorithms and Programming, Field Bus Systems / Fibre Optics Systems, Wireless Systems - ensuring the availability / reliability and operational efficiency of all the Control Systems and Field Instrumentation as per the design of the Operation; in order to minimize production down time. This employee will be required to perform Shift Work / Standby duties from time to time, as required by the Operations / Management.
• This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Execute / Perform Maintenance tasks covering the entire Plant with regards to Control & Instrumentation Systems, including the following:
• PLC Hardware, Configuration, Programming, Troubleshooting, RCA Process Control Related.
• SCADA / HMI Hardware, Configuration, Programming, Troubleshooting, RCA Process Control Related.
• VSD, Simocode Configuration and Programming.
• Data Historian Database Management, Configuration and Programming.
• Installation / Maintenance, Configuring of Field Bus Systems ( Profibus / Ethernet ) / Fibre Optical Systems – ensuring that both Company and Vendor Safety and Quality standards are adhered to, whilst ensuring minimum disruption to the Process Plant Operation or Production.
• Performing Fault Analysis / Fault Finding on Field Bus Systems ( Profibus / Ethernet ) / Fibre Optical Systems in order to eliminate re-occurrences of repetitive faults and improve Process Control System reliability and efficiency.
• An understanding of the Network Drawings of the Processing Plant in relation to the Control & Instrumentation Systems and Equipment installed.
• Updating / Redlining of Process Control Documentation – Functional Specifications, Diagrams and Drawings.
• Adherence to the Company Planned and Preventative Maintenance schedules and procedures.
• Execute all Maintenance schedules in area of responsibility.
• Keeping record of all changes and red-line required Systems / Network Drawings in area of responsibility and provide feedback to Direct Line Supervisor.
• Adhere to the correct and safe usage of all Workshop Tools and PPE. Apply and Practice correct and Safe Working principles and standards during all Installation / Maintenance Tasks.
• Develop, Reviewing SOP’s related to Process Control Systems.
• Be a Team player in the Control & Instrumentation Section and comply with all KMP Health and Safety requirements.
• Liaise with Senior Supervisors, Instrumentation Technicians and other Engineering disciplines in order to provide a full range of Control & Instrumentation Services / Support to Production, Processing Team, other Engineering Teams.
• Other Duties, as per instruction from Direct Line Supervisors, or Management.
• Preferably a Degree of a Diploma in Electrical / Instrumentation / Electronics, or equivalent appropriate experience
• Qualification in the Electrical or Instrumentation / Electronics.
• Preference to PLC, DCS, SCADA, HMI Systems, Data Historian Systems.
• Preference to Siemens Step 7, WinCC and PCS 7.
• Must have the ability in reading an Instrumentation Drawings.
• Must have the abillity in understanding Profibus Networking / Fibre Optical Networking – integrating with Siemens Control Systems.
• Must have Technical abillity.
• Bold Initiative
• Thinking Safety
• Upholding Quality
• Technical Skill
• Driving Quantity
• Driving Attendance
• Very good communicator with strong skills/knowledge ability
• Excellent Computer Literacy
• Overtime and standby work when required
• Fluency in English
• Depth perception
• Colour distinction
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now