At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Planning out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip.
- Completing tasks assigned to you before and/or within the stipulated time.
- Reporting any incident, accidents, injuries and vehicle damage to management.
- Submitting at least five (5) hazard slips per month to your Supervisor.
- Ensuring you are compliant in scheduled training, periodical medical and health & safety programs.
- Taking up delegated tasks and willing to ask your colleagues take up tasks where you are overwhelmed with work so that jobs are completed on time and achieved with quality.
- Keeping a tab on the vehicle and report to the respective authority in case of maintenance or repair need.
- Ensuring safe and easy travel for the passengers to their destinations.
- Filing the record of the timings for which the vehicle was used and the purpose.
- Complying with all traffic/ road rules and regulations.
- Ensuring that vehicles have road taxes and fitness discs well displayed.
- Paying attention to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions.
- Ensuring that vehicles in your care have sufficient fuel and are always ready for use.
- Carrying out other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate
- SADC Drivers license class C
- Knowledge of basic mechanics added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in similar position
- Bold Initiative
- Driven – quantity & quality
- Team player
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .