- Mongu, Mazabuka and Monze, Western and Southern Province, Zambia
- Job Scope: Local
- Working Language: English
- Technical/Practice Area: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Type of Engagement: Fixed Term
Since the 1970’s, the University of Maryland, Baltimore has been engaged in critical global health initiatives around the world. In September 2009, the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) was formed as a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) to help support the implementation of UMB international programs. UMB, through MGIC, currently has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia. MGIC’s administrative operations support the research and clinical programs of the School of Medicine , Institute of Human Virology (IHV) and Center for International Health, Education & Biosecurity (Ciheb) , and other UMB entities.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Baltimore, USA, with funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is implementing through the Community Impact to reach Key and underserved Individuals for Support (CIRCUITS) grants is looking for suitably qualified people to apply for the job of DREAMS Data Entry Clerks. In FY 22 and COP 21 MGIC-Z will be implementing Determined Resilient Empowered AIDS-free Mentored safe (DREAMS) an evidence-based HIV prevention intervention targeting adolescent girls and young women. The grants will use a combination of approaches to prevent HIV among adolescents and young women which includes biomedical intervention and social-economical support in a layered structure. The DREAMS intervention will be implemented in collaboration with the Provincial health offices in Southern and Western Provinces.
Position: DREAMS Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (positions x 3)
This role shall perform the following functions
Basic Function :
The M&E Officer will work under the direct supervision of the District Dreams Coordinator and will work to support the Data Entry Clerks, Mentors, Connectors, Clinical and Technical persons in M&E-related activities in the Dreams Districts. S/he collaborates closely with other colleagues at various levels to provide data management support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- ·She/he will be responsible for ensuring availability of updated data capture and reporting tools at community and facility in the supported district
- The Data Officer will be preparing timely performance reports i.e. daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- The DREAMS data officer will be responsible for preparing dashboards to be shared with Senior management, Stakeholders in the district, and District staff for purposes of activity planning and implementation of dreams strategies in the district
- Support Dreams Coordinator and other local partner organizations in preparing monthly and quarterly DREAMS report
- Conduct weekly meetings with community and facility-based personnel to ensure data from their tablets are complete, synchronized, and updated in the project database.
- The data officer will provide technical support to district staff and maintain a log of all IT/Tablet related issues in the districts.
- The Data Officer will mentor connectors, mentors, facility data entry clerks in the functionality and utilization of the project electronic M&E reporting system (DHIS2 & tools).
- Work closely with M&E Managers to develop data management plans, standard operating procedures (SOPs) for data entry and management, enrollment of eligible AGYW, and provide services to peer groups and ensure all program stages are kept updated.
- The Data Officer will monitor service layering at both facility and community and provide any needed support to the peer group facilitator
- The Data Officer will be responsible for organizing monthly district performance improvement and coordination meetings in districts
- Ensure electronic devices & tablets are fully functional at all times for real-time data entry by data entry clerks, mentors, and connectors
- The Data Officer will be responsible for resolving all data related inconsistencies in monthly and ad-hoc data reports and databases submitted to HQ
- ·Perform routine data quality assessments (DQAs) and support all DREAMS evaluations
- Work Closely with MGIC Quality improvement teams and maintain an updated status log of all DREAMS QI projects.
- The Data Officer will Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor / Chief of Party
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience in DREAMS work, use of DHIS2 tracker and event program modules for data entry and cleaning, data analysis, and reporting is a MUST
- PEPFAR reporting experience with prevention indicators is a MUST
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and meet strict deadlines;
- Proficient with use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and a statistics package (e.g., Stata, SPSS, Power BI & Tableau);
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and mentoring skills;
- Excellent writing, oral and organizational skills
- A solid understanding of DREAMS Indicators, DREAMS Package, and stepping stones is an advantage.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least two years experience in M&E for international donor-funded projects, preferably including experience with DREAMS projects;
- ·A bachelor’s degree, Higher Diploma IMIS, certificate or qualification in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) or relevant field;
- Minimum of a Diploma in any Information Management or any relevant field
- Working Knowledge DATIM, DHIS2 & M&E will be added advantages
- Knowledge in using computer programs is a requirement
- Good reading and writing skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com .