District Community Program Officer
Jobs at:Eastern Provincial Health Office - Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Supported Project
Deadline of this Job:
08 September 2021
Within Zambia , Chipata , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ministry of Health
Provincial Health Office, Eastern Province
P.O. Box 510023, Hospital Road, Chipata
Open to: All
Opening Date: 2nd September, 2021
Closing Date: 8th September, 2021
Work Hours: Full-Time, 40 Hours/Week
Salary: A competitive package will be offered to successful candidates on a contract basis.
The Eastern Provincial Health Office under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project through a Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions listed below to be employed on a one-year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Job Title: District Community Program Officer – (1) Position
Station: Chipata District Health Office
Job Purpose: To coordinate community-based HIV/TB programs in order to facilitate health outcomes.
• Coordinates effectively community HIV/TB case identification in order to facilitate improved clinical outcomes.
• Coordinates effectively community-based HIV/TB treatment, care, and support programs in order to facilitate improved clinical outcomes
• Coordinates effectively community-based HIV/TB treatment retention programs in order to facilitate improved clinical outcomes
• Coordinates effectively community-based HIV/TB prevention programs in order to reduce incidence rates
• Coordinates effectively monitoring and evaluation of community programs in order to facilitate decision making.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• Full Grade 12 Certificate/ Full Form V
• Degree in Public Health or equivalent
• Three (3) years minimum relevant Pre-Job Experience:
• Ability to write comprehensive reports
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates should clearly indicate the position they are applying for and should send their credentials to:
The Provincial Health Director Mailing Address: P.O. Box 510023, Hospital Road, Chipata attaching the following:
• A formal application letter or cover letter;
• A current CV;
• Photocopies of all professional certificates and
• Contact information for at least three professional references.