- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The Dispatcher, Maintenance will be required to safely monitor, direct the drilling fleet to achieve the set planned targets.
The incumbent will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Collaborate with other Foremen to prioritize and coordinate mine production requirements to meet Maintenance targets.
- Provide continuous maintenance improvement through dispatch monitoring and effective allocation of equipment break downs and personnel. Monitor Double Break Downs, Short Break Down and making sure that the SMS are working.
- Monitor the operation of the Dispatch System by validating recorded mine site data as per the maintenance plan through the Fleet Management System and maintain accurate data integrity.
- Monitor crew key performance indicators such as machine availability, utilization, meantime between break downs.
- Work with the Crew foremen to improve on reducing break down time, fueling and fostering a positive and productive working relationship between team members and with other departments.
- Utilize the Dispatch system to provide a continuous feedback loop through all departments (Maintenance, Mine Operations and other relevant departments) in order to optimize operations across relevant departments.
- Provide a conducive environment to develop employee relationship among all crews.
- Act as the main point of contact for all emergencies within the Mining area and act as the liaison between Production Managers, Supervisors, Mine Engineering, Maintenance Management, Emergency Response and Team Leads.
- Monitor completed maintenance reports in an efficient and timely manner and ensuring that information required in making maintenance decisions is readily available and accurate.
- Learn the use of fleet management systems (WENCO) that will assist the drills dispatcher in performing his/her tasks effectively.
- Learn Back-up Dispatcher functions and stand in the position while he/she is out of office.
- Any duties as assigned by the Optimization Manager / Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPOSURE
- Minimum Grade 12 with at least 5 passes.
- Diploma or Degree in Mining Engineering / Equivalent.
- Demonstrable computer skills/certificates preferable.
- Exposure to Mining Maintenance