Director of Community Services
Jobs at:John Snow Inc
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Director of Community Services
Position Type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Director
Posting Location: Lusaka
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Zambia for over 25 years.
JSI seeks a dynamic and strategic Director of Community Services for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Zambia Integrated Health Activity (ZIHA). The Activity will work in 3 provinces, Copperbelt, North Western, and Central, with the main purpose to improve health outcomes of Zambians through equitable access to high-quality, client-centered HIV, TB/HIV, MNCH, and FP/RH services, products, and information to strengthen the integration of services to reduce mortality, morbidity, and HIV transmission for focus subpopulations.
The position is a full-time position based in Lusaka and will oversee the community services team. S/he will work closely with and under the direct supervision of the Technical Director.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
• Work with the team to translate conceptual frameworks of community health including those aimed at mobilizing communities for HIV, TB/HIV, FP/RH, MNCH, and other health services into practical, effective and scaled interventions;
• Provide leadership to project staff and community health workers (CHWs) and other community-based volunteers (CBVs) as they undertake and provide critical community health interventions;
• Ensure that CHWs/CBVs are well equipped with knowledge and skills through training, refresher training and mentorship programmes using tried and tested methodologies, to provide quality services;
• Provide leadership in the mobilization of priority populations, including students at universities, colleges, and schools so that they also access HIV, FP/RH, and other services;
• Mobilize key gatekeepers and leaders, including lecturers, religious leaders, workplace leaders and traditional leaders to mobilize their constituents to seek and access health services;
• Represent the project at health-related policy, implementation, coordination/collaboration and other meetings/forums, especially those related to community health services
• With CBVs/CHWs and clinicians, ensure effective implementation of the community aspects of differentiated models of service delivery in partner districts and provinces
• Work to increase community sensitization on the impacts of climate change through outreach efforts and introduce potential adaptive measures in programming; and
• Provide guidance, supervision and support to local partners, and ensure quality and coordinated service delivery.
• A master’s degree in social science, public health, nursing education, adult education or other relevant field, MD preferred, and eight years of experience in health, international development, or relevant area.
• A minimum of five years of demonstrated capacity and experience working with communities to deliver health services.
• Experience successfully implementing social/behavior change methodology
• Experience working with PEPFAR funded programs and/or other USAID funded activities.
• Excellent management skills and demonstrable experience managing diverse and complex teams, and ensuring smooth and effective implementation.
• Demonstrated supervisory experience, with a focus on people-centered leadership.
To apply, please visit www.jsi.com/careers-at-jsi or directly via the apply button below
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit careers.jsi.com