Digital Health Advisor
Jobs at:John Snow, Inc.
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess. For more information on JSH and ZAM-Health, please visit www.johnsnowhealth.com .
JSI is seeking an experienced Digital Health Advisor to develop and build on existing digital platforms to identify and implement digital solutions to support ZAM-Health’s objectives. S/he will lead activities to support the introduction, digitization, integration, and scale-up of priority health information and data collection systems in the private sector. This is a technical management position, supervised by Director of Strategic Information (SI).
• Support the Director of Strategic Information in managing the SI portfolio, project deliverables, ensuring proper design and milestones are regularly met;
• Serve as a thought partner in the architectural design, infrastructure and technology selection- ensuring all activities are in-line with the Ministry of Health’s 2017-2021 Health Strategy and USAID’s digital strategy and vision and following the best practices of USAID principles for digital development;
• Support efforts to build capacity and promote private sector ownership, and use, of the various digital health tools supported by ZAM-Health;
• Support the Director of Strategic Information in efforts to create strong collaboration and develop close relationships with private providers, associations, and the commercial sector;
• Develop and submit periodic progress reports by respective project area, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, partners, and other key stakeholders
• Participate and contribute to the write up of quarterly reports, annual work plan and other reports as well as participate in various internal and external meeting;
• Support efforts to promote Collaborative, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Activities.
• Be an active member of the Strategic Information team lead by the Director of Strategic Information;
• Responsible for implementing JSI's Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI's policies on fraud management; and
• Any other responsibilities, as assigned.
• Degree in computer science, management information systems, health informatics, public health or a related social science field. Master’s degree desired;
• At a minimum, the Digital Health Advisor should have 2 years of experience supporting the full software development of digital solutions for mid- to large- sized projects;
• Knowledge and familiarity with existing digital data collection tools including: Magpi mobile, KoboCollect, RIMS (formally PIPAT);
• Knowledge and familiarity with the Zambian EMR System (SmartCare);
• Previous experience with USAID and other similar donor organizations, specifically in Zambia, is preferred;
• Previous experience working with private sector stakeholders in Zambia, is preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and strong interpersonal skills are essential;
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English required; and
• Ability to travel within Zambia required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 08/08/2021 .
Please click here to apply.