- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Title: Digital Health Advisor
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Strategic Information
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
The Digital Health Advisor is a technical management position, which will work closely with the Director of Strategic Information (SI) to develop and build on existing digital platforms to identify and implement digital solutions to support ZAM-Health’s objectives. S/he will lead activities to support the introduction, digitization, integration, and scale-up of priority health information and data collection systems in the private sector.
- Support the Director of Strategic Information in managing the SI portfolio, project deliverables, ensuring proper design and milestones are regularly met;
- Serve as a thought partner in the architectural design, infrastructure and technology selection- ensuring all activities are in-line with the Ministry of Health’s 2017-2021 Health Strategy and USAID’s digital strategy and vision and following the best practices of USAID principles for digital development;
- Support efforts to build capacity and promote private sector ownership, and use, of the various digital health tools supported by ZAM-Health;
- Support the Director of Strategic Information in efforts to create strong collaboration and develop close relationships with private providers, associations, and the commercial sector;
- Develop and submit periodic progress reports by respective project area, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, partners, and other key stakeholders
- Participate and contribute to the write up of quarterly reports, annual work plan and other reports as well as participate in various internal and external meeting;
- Support efforts to promote Collaborative, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Activities.
- Be an active member of the Strategic Information team lead by the Director of Strategic Information;
- Responsible for implementing JSI’s Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI’s policies on fraud management; and
- Any other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Degree in computer science, management information systems, health informatics, public health or a related social science field. Master’s degree desired;
- At a minimum, the Digital Health Advisor should have 2 years of experience supporting the full software development of digital solutions for mid- to large- sized projects;
- Knowledge and familiarity with existing digital data collection tools including: Magpi mobile, KoboCollect, RIMS (formally PIPAT);
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Zambian EMR System (SmartCare);
- Previous experience with USAID and other similar donor organizations, specifically in Zambia, is preferred;
- Previous experience working with private sector stakeholders in Zambia, is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and strong interpersonal skills are essential;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English required; and
- Ability to travel within Zambia required.