Development Facilitator RMNCAHN
Jobs at:World Vision Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
13 September 2021
Within Zambia , Sinazongwe , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Development Facilitator-Reproductive, Maternal and New Born Child, Adolescent Health and Nutrition -RMNCAHN
Reporting to: Area Programme Manager
Purpose of the Position:
The incumbent will be responsible for facilitating community engagement, community changes, build and maintain local partnerships, build community and partner organization capacity, and strengthen community-led initiatives/innovations to improve and sustain well-being of children and families. To implement, monitor and report technical program interventions at Area Program level for improved maternal newborn and child health standards.
Program Development and Implementation
• Facilitate the planning and implementation of Reproductive, maternal, newborn and Child, Adolescent health and Nutrition (RMNCAHN) technical programme activities using recommended models, techniques, standards and tools to achieve output targets within scope, time, and budget
• Facilitate the interpretation and distribution of MNCH context appropriate technical program Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials for effective implementation.
• Work closely with the community and district partners such as the church to mobilize community for local partnership and ownership, participation in implementation of MNCH activities to achieve sustainability of technical programme interventions.
Local Partnering and Networking
• Collaborate with local level stakeholders involved in RMNCAHN technical program for effective programme implementation and sustainability.
• Facilitate and support local level technical program related advocacy in RMNCAHN for better service provision/delivery.
• Facilitate training in Reproductive, Maternal, New Born, Child and Adolescent Health Nutrition for community partners and other relevant stakeholders to ensure technical programme activities are effectively implemented.
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
• Collect monitoring data with community workers and volunteers in a collaborative and systematic way.
• Facilitate joint technical monitoring and reporting of the project for effective implementation and quality control in RMNCAHN.
• Write and timely submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for improved technical programme decision making
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
• Diploma in Nursing and Medicine with minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field
• Degree in the relevant field or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 2 years’ experience in the relevant field
• Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organization preferably NGO context
• Must have excellent project management, community engagement, mobilization, facilitating and donor engagement skills
• Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills are highly desired
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 13 September 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org .