Development Facilitator Rmncahn
Jobs at:World Vision Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
13 October 2021
Within Zambia ,kasama , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Development Facilitator Rmncahn
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based organization dealing with relief aid, development, and advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Development Facilitator - Reproductive, Maternal and New Born Child, Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAHN)
Purpose of the Position:
To facilitate community engagement, community changes, build and maintain local partnerships, build community and partner organization capacity, and strengthen community-led initiatives/innovations to improve and sustain the well-being of children and families. To implement, monitor, and report technical program interventions at the Area Program level for improved maternal newborn and child health standards.
Program Development and Implementation
• Facilitate the planning and implementation of Reproductive, Maternal and New Born Child, Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAHN) technical programme activities using recommended models, techniques, standards, and tools to achieve output targets within scope, time, and budget
• Communicate World Vision’s identity, mission, vision, values, policies, and approaches to facilitate development processes and to realize the well-being of the children in the communities.
• Facilitate the interpretation and distribution of RMNCAHN context-appropriate technical program Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials for effective implementation.
• Work with other technical program staff at Area Programme to implement RMNCAHN technical programs activities for improved integrated implementation for impact and scale.
• Raise awareness and facilitate critical analysis of community RMNCAHN issues and opportunities in the technical programme area for improved implementation.
• Work closely with the community and district partners such as the church to mobilize the community for local partnership and ownership, participation in the implementation of RMNCAHN activities to achieve sustainability of technical programme interventions.
• Participate in the district development of RMNCAHN plans with line ministries to ensure World Vision Zambia Limited (WVZL) technical nutrition programmes are mainstreamed and aligned.
• Organize WASH-related stakeholders meetings, workshops, and training of beneficiaries and project implementers in the district.
Local Partnering and Networking
• Collaborate with local-level stakeholders involved in RMNCAHN technical program for effective programme implementation and sustainability.
• Represent WVZL in various key meetings at the district level including Technical Working Group (TWG) for alignment of national and local priorities.
• Facilitate and support local-level technical program-related advocacy in RMNCAHN for better service provision/delivery.
• Facilitate building capacity of Community Development Workers (CDW) and Volunteers on the Technical Programmes for effective roll-out and activity implementation for RMNCAHN.
• Facilitate training in RMNCAHN for community partners and other relevant stakeholders to ensure technical programme activities are effectively implemented.
• Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
• In collaboration with Design Monitoring and Evaluation (DME) Specialist, build capacity for CDW’s and volunteers in RMNCAHN data collection, interpretation and utilization.
• Collect monitoring data with community workers and volunteers collaboratively and systematically.
• Facilitate joint technical monitoring and reporting of the project for effective implementation and quality control in RMNCAHN.
• Write and timely submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for improved technical programme decision making in RMNCAHN.
• Participate in the review of technical program interventions for RMNCAHN improved quality of programming.
• Work with technical program DME to input data databases and develop information management systems.
• Participate in documenting and sharing RMNCAHN programme lessons and promising practices with partners and stakeholders.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
• Diploma or Degree in Clinical Medical Sciences, Nursing or Environmental health, public health or social science with minimum 3 years experience in relevant field.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition
• Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organization preferably NGO context.
• Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
• Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring, and report writing essential
• Must have excellent project management, community engagement, mobilization, facilitating, and donor engagement skills
• Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills are highly desired
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
• Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
• Must be registered with the Health Professional Council, Nursing Council, or any relevant professional body of Zambia.
• A Valid Rider’s License is an added advantage
• Good Skill in Human Relations
• Must be Fluent in English, Both Written and Spoken
• Ability to prioritize work and need for urgency
• Good Report Writing Skills
• Must know the local Language Bemba or at least demonstrate a higher resolution to learn in the shortest possible time.
• Must be a committed Christian and inspire others, able to stand above denominational diversities, and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Work environment: Office-based 40%: Field 60%
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]