Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures. For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org
Job Summary: Counterpart International is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to support the anticipated USAID Open Spaces Zambia Activity (OSZA) . The Open Spaces Zambia Activity will strive to strengthen the democratic foundations of freedom of speech and assembly, independent and new media, and safeguarding a space for activists, human rights defenders, and oppositional voices to protect shrinking democratic space in Zambia.
In collaboration with the Chief of Party (COP), the DCOP will assist in overall program management, monitoring, reporting, developing and maintaining partnerships to meet activity objectives; providing technical expertise; and handling administrative and supervisory responsibilities as specified by the COP. This is a full-time position based in Lusaka, Zambia. This position will report to the Chief of Party . Qualified Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Coordinate with program, finance and administration staff to ensure operational systems are in place and perform optimally in support of timely implementation of field activities.
- Participate in the development and review of annual workplans, quarterly reports, annual report, financial pipelines, and resource estimates.
- Ensure high quality delivery of the program through innovation, active pursuit of lessons learned, adaptability to changing dynamics, and integration of related programming for increased impact.
- Coordinate weekly internal coordination meetings with senior staff and ensure proper dissemination of information to all staff as appropriate.
- In coordination with the project’s Director of Finance and Administration (DOFA), ensure program implementation follows Counterpart’s policies/procedures, the laws of the Government of Zambia, and USAID rules and regulations, particularly with respect to financial and grants management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience and with minimum 3 years of progressively responsible operational management experience backstopping USG-Funded programs.
- Experience engaging media organizations, private sector media outlets, civil society organizations (CSOs) and others around internet freedom and civic tech challenges.
- Ability to work effectively and develop trusting relations with government officials at all levels, CSOs, USAID, project staff, and other beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including budget and financial management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to give effective presentations and write high quality technical reports.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal government regulations (FAR, AIDAR, ADS, CFR, OMB).
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables throughout the project cycle from planning, management, and execution to troubleshooting.
- Previous experience supporting and/or managing complex donor-funded projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Written and oral fluency in English.
Please apply online at www.Counterpart.org . No calls or emails please.
Counterpart International is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Counterpart International to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit careers-counterpart.icims.com .