|Type of role|
|Full Time||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date||19 Sep 2021|
|Interview date||23rd and 24th September 2021|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Supporter Database Manager to join the Data and Insight team at VSO. With a focus on continuous improvement this role is instrumental in ensuring we have fantastic data available about our supporters to facilitate all supporter comms, insight and reporting activity.
You will lead a small database team, responsible for our two key supporter databases, held in Raiser’s Edge and BlueVenn. You will also work closely with colleagues in Supporter Care, IT, Finance and the rest of the Data & Insight team. Current exciting and high profile projects include Gift Aid, bedding in BlueVenn, data quality and migrating import processes. You will also work closely with the Insight Analyst on the automation of PowerBI dashboards.
Skills, qualifications and experience
As the successful candidate, you will have substantial experience as either a key user or administrator of a large supporter / customer database. In addition you will have:
• Experience of configuring data warehouses and ETL routines
• Significant knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (preferably RE NXT) at an administrator / trainer level and of ImportOmatic.
• Similar experience of working with BlueVenn Unify and Engage (or other CRM systems such as Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Unica, SAS MA,).
• Ability to write and edit SQL (e.g. queries and scripting).
• Experience of working across teams to deliver technical solutions and generate high levels of internal buy-in.
• A working knowledge of data protection legislation related to database management.
• Proven ability to prioritise, schedule and meet deadlines for short-term, medium-term and recurring tasks whilst working with a range of different teams.
• An understanding of charity sector codes of conduct/ best practice and how these impact on data management.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in one of the VSO locations before you apply.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
To apply for this job please visit www.vsointernational.org .