IDinsight is hiring a full-time data visualization and dashboard specialist (2 to 4 years of relevant experience) to grow our dashboarding and broader data presentation capabilities. In this role the specialist will work with project teams and clients to build dashboards that facilitate data-driven decision making leading to social impact. This could include, for example, building interfaces to help manage on-the-ground efforts to locate out of school children, to introduce greater accountability and effectiveness into social safety net programs, or to deliver socioeconomic data to high level decision-makers in the social sector.
We are a social-impact oriented organization, so can guarantee meaningful work tackling some of the world’s most complex international development challenges around the world.
Grow as a data professional while doing meaningful work
We are working to build IDinsight into a global leader in the use of innovative data tools to solve some of the world’s most urgent problems.
You’ll be joining a growing data science and engineering team and working on highly impactful and innovative projects with our partners. You’ll be joining an entrepreneurial team where you have a strong voice in how the team functions and grows. To be effective, dashboards need to be contextually relevant and build on subject-matter expertise. You will get to work closely with our partners, our team of economists, social-sector experts, and public health specialists to build and test solutions.
Learning is a key part of being an effective data professional. 10% of your time would be dedicated to learning new skills and side projects of your choice. You’ll have strong mentorship to guide your career and you’ll make interesting and valuable connections.
About the Data Visualization & Dashboard Specialist role
We are seeking candidates with a strong background in dashboarding tools like Tableau, PowerBI and Google Data Studio, ability to code dashboards using R Shiny, and a passion for building solutions to difficult social problems. Most importantly, successful candidates should possess the ability to work independently to solve complex challenges, both human and technological.
As a data visualization and dashboard specialist, the day-to-day work may include:
- Working with clients to understand their needs: understanding their current processes and pain points and identifying which of these can be addressed through informative dashboards.
- Designing visualizations and dashboards that cater to audiences ranging from on-the-ground implementers to executive reporting for both internal teams and external clients.
- Collaborating with client teams to set up, test and deploy dashboards, and ensure timely maintenance.
- Collaborating with the data engineering team on data pipeline requirements.
- Helping develop the organization’s strategy on dashboarding solutions for internal and external clients.
- This will involve developing and institutionalizing best practices on design, execution and management of dashboarding initiatives.
Required Technical Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience designing and building data visualizations
- Bachelor’s degree in design, information science, engineering, social science or related fields
- Demonstrated understanding of design principles and aesthetics of business dashboards, data visualization and reports
- Passion for UX principles and ability to work with stakeholders to understand their needs in the design process
- Experience working with popular data visualization and dashboarding platforms like PowerBI, Google Data Studio, Tableau
- Experience building dashboards in R Shiny.
- Fluency with a git/GitHub version control workflow (though not primarily a coding role, you’ll work closely with our team of developers)
- Experience with SQL and related database systems such as PostgreSQL or BigQuery.
Other required qualifications
- Proven ability to work alone and with teams in a dynamic, multicultural environment.
- Passion for improving lives through evidence-informed policy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Fluency in languages spoken in countries where IDinsight works is a plus.
- Strong values aligned with IDinsight’s stated values.
- Ability and interest in sharing knowledge, mentoring others, presenting work and reviewing the work of others.
- Deeply passionate about global development and improving lives in disadvantaged populations
- Open-minded self-starter who will thrive while tackling new, unusual and unpredictable challenges
Skill and career development are core to IDinsight’s values and long-term impact strategy, and have been noted highlights of teammates’ experiences. IDinsighters receive significant mentorship from IDinsight leadership, support from talented peers, and are given considerable autonomy when ready. They maintain professional development plans and are given “stretch” opportunities designed to strengthen a variety of skills. Real-time feedback is embedded in our culture and formal structure enables maximum professional growth. Additionally, teammates have access to an annual professional development stipend that they are encouraged to utilize to explore their career interests and develop their skills.
This position is located in one of IDinsight’s existing offices, with possibility of extensive travel dependent on project needs. The most likely offices for this position are New Delhi, India; Dakar, Senegal; Nairobi, Kenya; or Lusaka, Zambia. Preference will be given to those with pre-existing work authorization in these countries; however, IDinsight will seek work permits where possible for exceptional candidates.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are currently “working from home” globally. As such, successful candidates would be expected to work from home until it is possible to safely and responsibly work from an IDinsight office.
The start date of this position is flexible, although there is the potential to start almost immediately. We expect a minimum one-year commitment, with regular professional development conversations and potential for a long-term career at IDinsight.
IDinsight is able to sponsor employment visas for all nationalities in these locations; however, we will prioritize candidates who do not require IDinsight to sponsor work authorization in the aforementioned countries. All candidates who are not currently located in our country offices listed above will be expected to relocate to their office locations at the onset of their employment.
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with the qualifications and experiences IDinsight is hiring for, and competitive within the global development sector. We are especially proud of the people-focused benefits we offer including comprehensive international health insurance, including mental health coverage; paid vacation, sick, and parental leave; relocation benefits; a travel stipend; technology and work from home stipends; a professional development budget; and more.
How to apply
Please apply through the following link – https://bit.ly/DSEM_Data_Viz
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly .