Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
25 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Data Manager
FHI 360 seeks a Data Manager for the USAID funded USAID Open Doors Project on short term basis ending September, 2022. The USAID Open Doors Project is an activity providing comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services to key populations in targeted provinces of Zambia with the goal of contributing to a reduction in new HIV infections, in alignment with Zambia’s National AIDS Strategic Framework (NASF), 2017–2022. USAID Open Doors Project supports the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) as it works towards the goal of an AIDS-Free generation, in Zambia, as well as globally.
Under the supervision of the Senior Advisor, Monitoring, Evaluation & Research, the Data Manager will assist in providing technical support in the development, creation, modification, and test coding data management systems for USAID Open Doors project. He/she will ensure consistency and integrity of data; oversee the collection and reporting of complex, related information. He/she will interpret data and provide advice and consultation regarding implications of the data. He/she will be responsible for supporting field teams using devices and data flow. He/she will support forms and script that allow for the creation and maintenance of an electronic software working as part of a M&E team. He/she will participate in other activities related to HMIS, research, targeted evaluation, surveillance surveys and monitoring and evaluation as well as provide training to Information system users.
Duties and responsibilities
• Analyse program data management requirements and define system specifications.
• Design, implement and maintain databases to meet user requirements and application Maintain/build relational database schemas, tables, views, data dictionaries, and stored procedures as required by various program areas.
• Manage database access, security, integrity and backup procedures. Design and maintain database administration procedures and manuals Create ad-hoc and standard reports as required.
• Setup and Design of backup and recovery solutions, according to Disaster Recovery scenarios, Plan and Document specifications.
• Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Conduct routine data quality assessments on program databases and provide ongoing support to Project and partner staff in data management and monitoring and evaluation.
• Build the capacity of project and partner staff in Data Management Perform other duties as assigned.
• Qualifications and requirements:
• BSc in computer science, information technology, engineering or related field.
• At least five (6) years of relevant work experience in database design and management. Relational Database Management experience in the past.
• Experience working with Microsoft Access for data management Ability to write SQL queries and validate query results.
• Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. MS Excel, MS Power BI, Tableau,R.
• Experience working with GIS software like ArcGIS, QGIS In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language such as C-Sharp, Java, Python etc Knowledge of mobile application development Experience with Social Network Analysis and Visualization tools for Computer Scientists Cloud Database management experience Data warehouse or Data analytics preferred.
• Knowledge of best practices in data visualization and business intelligence (BI) – Strong understanding of BI features and capabilities and how that is implemented for business solutions preferred.
• Knowledge of DATIM, PEPFAR reporting systems and DHIS2 Should be self-driven with strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
• Experience with software development methodology and release processes Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture Monitor and analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc) An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
• The last day of receiving applications is 25 May ,2022.
• This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th May, 2022