USAID SCALING UP NUTRITION TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE (SUN TA)
DATA MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (TEMPORARY POSITION)
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, health and nutrition, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and sanitation, natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
1. Project Background:
The Scaling Up Nutrition Program is a cross-ministry and multi-donor program to reduce stunting in Zambia through implementation of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) 1,000 Most Critical Days Program.
SUN TA provides support and direct technical assistance to sub-national local government departments in target districts to plan, implement, coordinate, and monitor integrated nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific activities to reduce the rate of stunting among Zambian children under two and improve the nutritional status of pregnant and lactating mothers. USAID has identified two main objectives that address stunting, including (1) Adequate Quantity and Quality of Dietary Intake among Target Groups; and (2) Adequate Health Conditions for Biological Utilization of Nutrients. SUN TA interventions increase access and availability of safe, diverse, nutritious food; adoption of better child feeding and household hygiene practices; and access to improved health, water and sanitation services. The project prioritizes sustainability by improving intra-household joint decision making and building the capacity of local government and their stakeholders to ensure coordination, accountability, and learning, following the Scaling Up Nutrition model.
2. Location: Lusaka, Zambia
3. Duration: Six months
The Data Management Specialist (Temp) will work directly with the MEL Team Lead to implement, maintain, and iterate the program data management architecture for SUN TA. S/he will be responsible for managing database tools and protocols for high-quality and meaningful real-time analysis, visualization, and reporting for SUN TA’s monitoring and learning. S/he will work in close coordination with the data collection team to ensure collaboration and consistency across the MEL data system. S/he will also be responsible for maximizing usability of the system through regular consultation and capacity building of the wider SUN TA team on MEL and data management tools and workflows.
5. Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide DHIS2 basic system administration and configuration support
- Configuration of simple program monitoring systems in DHIS2 meeting organizational standards, in both desktop and mobile DHIS2 (Data sets, Event and Tracker Programs, management of Users, User groups, Org Units and Org Units Groups, etc)
- Provide troubleshooting and technical assistance to DHIS2 Users
- Create and maintain data validation rules and other data quality checks to improve data quality
- Provide technical assistance in DHIS2 analytics and dashboard development
- Develop DHIS2 visualizations and dashboards tailored to data-users’ needs
- Provide technical assistance to strengthen use of DHIS2 visualizations and dashboards to support evidence-based decision-making through the DHIS2
- Provide capacity building support in DHIS2
- Increase the capacity of project staff to effectively interpret and manipulate DHIS2 dashboards and visualizations
6. Reporting and Supervision:
The Data Management Specialist (Temp) will report to the MEL Director
7. Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in managing databases systems
- Proven experience working with DHIS2 on system use and basic configuration
- Experience with data collection using Kobo Toolbox
- Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities
To apply for this job please visit fs23.formsite.com .