Jobs at:Mary Begg Health Services
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2021
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At Mary Begg, our Data clerk is responsible for Maintaining the database by entering new and update Patient and account information; creating an efficient system to organise, maintain and retrieve patient medical data and ensure records are being managed according to international medicolegal standards.
The data clerk conducts herself/himself in a professional manner and always demonstrates good customer service towards our patients, clients, visitors, health professionals and MBHS employees. He/she adheres to the MBHS Code of Conduct and maintains patient and staff confidentiality at all times.
• Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
• Processes Patient and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the supervisor for resolution.
• Enters Patient and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
• Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
• Verifies entered Patient and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; removing files to eliminate duplication of data.
• Tests Patient and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data; reviewing output.
• Secures information by completing database backups.
• Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
• Maintains Patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Enter patient details from patient files on to the IPD and OPD register. Details to be entered are Patients names, sex, age, date seen, diagnosis, ICD10 code and treatment given.
• Electronic daily update of hospital statistics to help the Ward clerk by alternating on weekends.
• Submission of monthly hospital statistics and Malaria statistics
• Ensure mitrias (MMS) reconciliations are up to date.
• Pull out any files that have been missed or not closed on MMS and send them to the responsible individuals (Front office, Nurses or Doctors) for input and closure on the system.
• Use appropriate MBHS infection control procedures, maintain own work environment in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards.
• Report promptly any incident or adverse event relating to staff, patients’ or visitors to the clinic/hospital manager.
• Assess and report any problems with the computer programme or hardware to the IT Department, or any other member of management if IT is not available.
• Respond to any ad hoc requests from the Assistant Clinic Manager/ Clinic Manager.
Required Technical Skills, Training & Experience
• At least 2-3 years of professional experience
• Certificate in Business Administration or any related field. Diploma will be an added advantage
• Must be honest
• Computer literate
• Able to work under pressure
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.