Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency is the largest pharmaceutical and medical distributor in Zambia. It contributes to the pharmaceutical component of health care provision in Zambia through: –
- Procurement of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- Warehousing of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- Distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to all districts and public sector hospitals
- Monitoring of usage trends and analyzing of logistics information
- Maintaining existing and establishing new relationships with stakeholders and partners in order to develop supply chain services in line with existing and future needs
- Providing services to customers professionally
In order to enhance our services, we are seeking to employ for the following position:
Main Job Purpose
To process orders and reinforcing Data Analysis of Orders to reduce stock outs and excess stocks in facilities as well as monitoring completion of orders being processed for each route
1. Planning and work plans:
- Participates in the planning and preparation of work plans.
2. Analysis and Processing of Orders:
- Monitors order processing according to the ZAMMSA Distribution Schedule Generate.
- Provides on-going orientation to non-technical staff on technical related aspects of data management.
- Documents all data related problems for quicker rectification to the order management Administrator
- Monitors the Analysis of data sent from client health facilities via the electronic ordering systems before orders are converted into pick lists in the warehouse management system by the data analysts.
3. Communication and Technical Assistance to Customers:
- Monitors the communication with client health facilities with regard to confirmation of receipt of orders and intervening in all related data quality challenges before orders are converted into the warehouse management system
- Provides technical assistance to customers to address ordering challenges
- Liaises with district and hospital client facilities for purposes of ensuring that ordersare sent in time.
4. Preparation, Analysis of Reports and Authorization of Orders:
- Generates scheduled and sanctioned reports as directed by the customer Service manager/Order Management Administrator with regard to data, customer related aspects and provincial and district meetings and MOH program officers.
- Generates analytical reports to capture key logistical key data elements as guided by the Customer Service Manager
5. Corporate Governance:
- Adheres to the set Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and strives to observe established policies and procedures in the performance of his/her job
6. Stakeholders and general public:
- On delegation, participates on relevant stakeholder forums and in matters relating to data Analysis (Order Management) activities.
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage large volumes of order data from health facilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products.
- Knowledge in health information systems
- Knowledge in public health commodities
- Ability to write analytical and scheduled reports effectively.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Pharmacy, Lab Technology, Biomedical Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
Method of Application
If you fit the above profile, please submit your application and an updated CV with relevant supporting documents on the address below. The applications should be submitted via email only and clearly indicating the POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
The Human Resource Manager,
Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency,
PO Box 30207,
Please Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For clarifications please call HR Office on Ext.4213