Provide vision, leadership and oversight to all for Project HOPE Zambia. Work effectively with partners including various government, corporate and community-based entities. Provide oversight of Program administration and financial management of Project HOPE Zambia. Oversees all staff represent Project HOPE Zambia before government authorities, US government agencies, UN agencies, other NGOs/PVOs, other donor agencies and partners. Serve as main liaison and ensure continuous communication between PHZ, Project HOPE US and country program leadership. Ensure dissemination and compliance with project HOPE Zambia mission statement and guidelines. Direct program development in line with strategy and goals.
· Provide strategic leadership to project HOPE Zambia
· Direct and lead strategic planning for all programs
· Supervise and guide the staff in meeting strategic goals and objectives
· Supervise planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Project HOPE Zambia programs
· Lead integration of all PHN programs, strengthen synergies between program to enhance organisational outcomes
· Provide strategic leadership to CoPs with regard to the implementation of all programs, including monitoring and evaluation of program activities the performance of quantitative and qualitative programs assessments and evaluations.
· Oversee production of program reports and other program-related communications
· Oversee staff capacity-building and promote staff development
· Oversee production of quarterly and annual narrative program reports, including relevant information such as description of activities conducted and planned, lessons learned, problems encountered and opportunities, programs statistics and work plans.
· Participate in program development and writing of project proposals for extension of existing and /or establishment of new programs in Zambia
· Ensure productive relationships are maintained with all partner organisations which including government entities, corporate partners and other implementing organisations
· Oversee and ensure mutually beneficial collaboration between PHZ and PH-US
Administrative and Financial Management Responsibilities
Supervise and support National Administrator and accountants for the management of all administrative and financial program aspects.
Ensure that all program administration and financial management in country is in line with all applicable procedures and regulations as may be set by Board, as well as with regulations and requirements stipulated by respective donor agencies
Oversee human resource management, including but not limited to the recruitment of personnel, the development of job description, performance appraisals, local salary adjustments and compliance with Zambia labour law and regulations
Perform regular supervision visits for administrative visits for administrative oversight of programs outside Lusaka
Supervise the finance Director and Accountants for timely production, verification and submission of all monthly financial reports including sub-award monitoring assessment reports.
Supervise Finance Director and Accountants to ensure regular budget monitoring to be conducted for all programs.
Ensure adequate systems are in place and followed, regarding program procurements, management and maintenance of project assets, regular inventories, etc.
Ensure dissemination and compliance with Project HOPE Zambia’s mission statement, policies and procedures, Accounting Manual and other organisational guidelines
Signalise any problems encountered, need for changes in resource requirements, re-alignment of budgets and collaborate with Board on all adjustments required.
Representation & Communication:
· Serve as the responsible person for ensuring all corporate formalities are followed, all regulatory and government filings are timely made, and that the organisation is at all times in compliance with all local laws, rules and regulations, and all applicable PH-US policies applicable to PHZ through agreements below
· Establish and maintain regular contact with Zambian government authorities.
· Participate in relevant NGO/PVO forum and networks, and exchange information with other NGOs
· Ensure continuous and adequate communication with local NGOs and other partners under the existing programs and explore possibilities for new partnership as may be appropriate for future program extension.
· Identify and pursue New Program Development opportunities that fit within the overall strategic objectives for PHZ including joint program development efforts with PH-US
· Leverage professional relationships and market knowledge to identify and pursue new business opportunities in Zambia, specifically within USAID, US Department of State, CDC, DFID, EU. Major foundations and other international development donors.
· Maintain continuous contact, and disseminate relevant reports, up-dates and information to donor representatives and agencies in country (USAID, UNICEF, USAIDS, etc) as required.
· Organise and accompany donor, PH-US or representative from other agencies during field visits to programs.
· Maintain continuous contact with PH-US, ensuring that personnel are informed about important program developments and issues of concern to program operations
· Support safeguarding of all assets and reputation, including technical, administrative and financial program aspect in Zambia.
· Liaise with HOPE offices in the region.
· Fulfil other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned.
Master’s degree or equivalent in health or related medical or social science field preferred
Minimum 10 years management and technical experience
Demonstrate proficiency in leadership, HR and project management, as well as strategic planning
Demonstrate leadership, organisational, managerial and communication skills
Demonstrate proficiency in building relationships with government partners as well as private and community organisations
Experience with NGOs in Zambia as well as Southern/sub-Saharan Africa.
Strong communication skills and proven ability to build effective teams
Fluency in English as well a local language (s)
Ability to travel approximately 35% of time.
Demonstrated experience with USAID/CDC/PEPFAR and other bilateral and multilateral public donors
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical demands: Must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment, must be able to communicate in verbal and written form, must be able to travel internationally.
Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Typical of office environment with exposure to minimal noise level.