The Country Program Manager is responsible for providing strategic leadership, direction, development and management of all aspects of AIDS Healthcare Foundation’s (AHF) programs in Zambia as a member of the AHF Africa Bureau leadership team. S(he) will ensure that AHF’s mission statement, core values, management philosophy and key partnership standards and practices are the foundation of AHF’s strategies and work in the country.
Essential duties and Responsibilities of the Country Program Manager:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assures that AHF´s core values are part of Zambia Program strategy.
· Provides managerial and technical oversight for AHF’s Zambia program, in collaboration with the Department of Health and other Partner Programs, which includes but is not limited to: capacity building, project logistics, security, finance and administration.
· Acts as a change agent in developing and disseminating innovative practice models to clinical staff and demonstrates appropriate corporate behaviors
· Leads the setting up and implementation of activities that ensure integration of services with lower level health facilities in accordance with AHFs strategies and plans.
· Supports the Rapid testing and Condom Initiatives and ensures integration of services with treatment and care.
· Ensures that monitoring and evaluation services support decision making in the delivery of quality services.
· Responsible for maintaining delivery of high quality medical care and efficiency of all services provided under the program.
· Prepares and administers program budgets and strategic business plans, and evaluates financial program effectiveness.
· Generates regular country program reports for AHF Corporate Headquarters, AHF Global Secretariat, Africa Bureau Secretariat and donors as required.
· Serves as AHF’s representative of the country program with implementing partners, private and public agencies, national AIDS programs, and major donor agencies. Represents AHF at meetings on HIV/AIDS issues, and maintains a wide-range of professional contacts with Government and non-governmental organizations.
· Identifies grants opportunities and participates in proposal preparation, in collaboration with AHF Corporate Headquarters , AHF Global Secretariat and Africa Bureau Secretariat, including field assessment, writing, and negotiations with donors, identification of partners, and preparation of proposals, logical frameworks, work plans, and detailed budgets.
· Ensures that the AHF Global Program Policy and Procedure Manual is clearly communicated, implemented and adhered to.
· Keeps abreast of HIV/AIDS best practices/resources and passes these resources to field staff.
· Takes the lead in implementing new AHF expansion plans in any location in the country as seen feasible and appropriate within the defines of available capacity and resources in a manner that promotes sustainability.
· Takes the lead in seeking new partners with whom a complimentary comprehensive treatment package can be offered to patients.
· Provide management support, mentorship and direction to subordinates.
· Undertakes other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Bureau Chief.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Medical Degree in Human Medicine with and 5-7 years experience; or Master of Public Health, relevant Master of Science degree and 3-5 years experience in managing public health/international development programs.
Computer/Software Skills & Abilities:
Computer and Internet skills, including word processing, database, presentation software and project management software. Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
High Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications:
· Proven skills in management, supervision, leadership and networking, with at least 3-5 years supervisory experience.
· KNOWLEDGE OF HIV/AIDS AND HEALTH RELATED ISSUES A MUST.
· 3-5 years of field experience in managing public health / international development programs.
· Highly skilled in HIV/AIDS programming, preferably within an African context, funded by major donors, such as the U.S. Government, World Bank, Global Fund for AIDS, TB, and Malaria, corporations, foundations, etc.
· Must be culturally sensitive and able to work in a wide variety of settings and cultures.
· Ability to travel at least 12 weeks per year to operations sites as assigned. Must have a valid passport.
· Experience in designing and managing USAID and U.S. Government funded HIV/AIDS programs desired.
Participation in AHF Global Meetings & Committees:
- Africa Medical Staff Meeting
- Staff Meetings
- Rapid Testing and Condom Initiative Meetings
- Global Executive meetings when required
Includes direct supervision of the following Managers; Medical Director, Operations Manager, Prevention Program Manager and any others as will be defined in the Organogram.
To apply for this job please visit http://www.linkedin.com .