Jobs at:On Call Africa
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2021
Within Zambia , Livingstone , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Country Director, Zambia:
About The Role
The Key Functions of the Role Are:
1. Strategy Development and Governance– Support the CEO and board of trustees with development of the strategic direction of the organisation. Develop organisational policies and processes for the team in Zambia and ensure effective governance in line with local laws.
2. Partnerships – Develop relationships with existing and prospective partners in Zambia, including Ministry of Health, District Health Offices, Rural Health Facilities and delivery partners. Work with Ministry of Health to ensure On Call Africa programmes are delivered in ways that can be adopted and scaled by Ministry of Health if evidence of impact is demonstrated.
3. Financial Management and Fundraising – managing an operational budget of £500,000 – £700,000 per annum, ensuring accurate financial reports are maintained. Provide timely reports to support the fundraising team to manage existing grants and pursue fundraising opportunities.
4. Management of staff and volunteers – manage and recruit all in country staff and ensure that overseas volunteer doctors are well inducted and managed during their time in Zambia. Support the professional development of staff.
5. Programme management – Ensure programmes are delivered as intended and work towards agreed project plans and timelines. Work with the programme team and volunteers to develop new programmes and ways of working that fit with organisational strategy and objectives.
6. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning – Ensure that MEL and continuous learning is embedded into the organisations culture. Ensure that community voices are heard in programme review and design processes and that we continue to strive for improvement in efficiency and outcomes from our work.
The successful candidate must have a proven ability to manage multiple complex projects, and a large staff team working across multiple locations. We are looking for an individual who is motivated by a passion for strengthening rural health systems, an effective communicator, and has high levels of health literacy.
• Qualified medical professional with experience of working in rural settings
• Advanced degree (MPH, PhD or MD) in Public Health
• 4 or more years of relevant, successful experience in managing health related development work in Zambia.
• Demonstrated success in leading complex projects and experience in program design, monitoring and evaluation, administration, and financial oversight.
• Experience of managing a large team of staff and overseas volunteers.
• Skilled and knowledgeable in preparing detailed project monitoring and evaluation reports required internally and for funders.
• Skilled and experienced in providing capacity building trainings.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Experience of developing and managing strategic partnerships to enhance program delivery.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills and strong professional judgment
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, meet deadlines, and to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Proven success in building relationships with host country government agencies, counterparts, and donors.
• Experience of reporting into an NGO board, and of ensuring strong governance
• Experience working with international, governmental or non-governmental agencies, donor organizations, or other relevant entities.
• Experience of working in health system strengthening.
• Experience of working in remote rural settings in Southern or Western Province.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants should email their CV and cover letter outlining why they are a good fit for the role to [email protected]
Applicants should include their name, and the title of the job they are applying for in the subject of the email. Applications should be submitted by 17:00 hours on 31st July . Only shortlisted candidates will be informed of the outcome of their application.