Main Purpose of Job:
- Provides leadership and management oversight for RTCZ projects and activities. Oversee operations and projects, serves as the primary country representative, ensures strong collaboration between RTCZ and local Government, donors and sponsors. Represents RTCZ to external donors/sponsors and leads country business and resource development efforts.
- 15 years in HIV/TB implementation
- 10 years’ experience in management of health-related country donor funded programmes.
M inimum Education:
- Master’s degree in health-related field, or MBA with a basic health, behavioural life or social related degree.
- 8-10 years of experience in leading or managing health system programs or operations.
- Senior leadership in large USAID awards.
- Work experience in one or more African countries.
- Experience working with high-level government and health officials and interacting with donor organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and presenting health programmes
- Relevant experience in similar settings and health programmes with significant management responsibility, including supervisory experience of professional staff.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and results-oriented skills.
- Knowledge in USAID rules, regulations and reporting requirements
- Experience in managing and overseeing large multi-country budgets
- Fluency in English and a preference for local language
- Knowledge of labour practices and legislation
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, under a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- High standards of integrity.
- Provides leadership, ensures quality and oversees all RTCZ operations in the country.
- Manages the RTCZ country portfolio and provides operational support to all RTCZ projects in the country.
- Manages the country office and oversees all functions of the regional and provincial offices, including program, technical, finance, contracts and grants, and human resources, and ensures that they are consistent with RTCZ’s policies and procedures, and utilize relevant RTCZ systems.
- Provides operational support for global or regional projects in collaboration with Business development Units (BUs).
- Ensures that the RTCZ country office has systems and access to skills to ensure the quality of the RTCZ portfolio.
- Is the operations supervisor for all RTCZ project directors in country ensuring projects are cost efficient; liaises with assigned technical supervisors to provide ongoing supervision and performance assessments for project directors and assigned staff.
- Develops and monitors the country-level strategic plan in support of RTCZ’s global strategic plan, and in collaboration with RTCZ’s External Relations group
- As a member of RTCZ’s Global Operations Team, works closely with HQ, and business units to further RTCZ’s strategic objectives, and to access organizational resources in support of the country program.
- Represents RTCZ- with US and local government, donors, and partners; attends meetings and makes presentations on behalf of RTCZ in the country
- Leads business development and resource development efforts in-country in close collaboration with business units.
- Recruits, orients and manages the Country Office staff; acts as the operational supervisor for RTCZ Project Directors, as applicable
- Ensures that appropriate office policies and procedures, including personnel policies, and systems are developed and implemented.
- Manages the country-level information system in order to respond fully to donor and RTCZ reporting requirements and information needs.
- Supports Project Directors or DCOPs to manage the development and monitoring of work plans and budgets;
- Ensures appropriate program monitoring and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to RTCZ, and other donors as required.
- Leads the development of an RTCZ country strategic plan that is consistent with the RTC Group strategic plan, and which takes full advantage of the range of expertise and skills across RTC Group.
- Reviews and approves proposals, protocols, papers, reports to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Identifies Research Development opportunities; leads or participates in proposal development process.
- Ensures appropriate technical, programmatic, financial and resource development support to country programs.
- Leads business development efforts. Seeks opportunities, looks for new partnering arrangements, and leverages RTCZ’s full complement of resources.
Expertise & Complexity:
- Design, implementation, and management of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors.
- Proven skills in management, supervision, leadership and networking.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems, including contractual matters as appropriate.
- Diplomacy skills and policy development.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues.
- Experience or skills in external relations, business and resource development
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Language skills as required.
Type & Nature of Contracts
- Routine coordination with DCOPs and Provincial managers where appropriate
- Routine communication with RTC NPC and relevant technical supervisors.
- Team leader and player
- Close liaison and relationship building with donors, local NGOs, partners, and public/private agencies.
- Participate in management team meetings and other appropriate forums.
- Represent organization and group at professional meetings and conferences.
Supervisory & Budget Responsibility
- Manages country office staff that involves interviewing, selection, training, establishing performance expectations/work plans and conducting performance assessments; liaises with DCOP’s and technical supervisors, as required, for performance assessments
- Manages, country portfolio budget and pipeline as well as project specific budgets where appropriate
To apply for this job please visit www.devex.com .