At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The key focus of this role is to manage the occupational health work rehabilitation program at both Kansanshi and Sentinel Mine sites. It involves developing and monitoring work hardening programs for the purposes of work rehabilitation and injury preventions. It forms a collaborative role as part of our broader occupational health program.
Key duties are:
- Design and management of the work hardening program including consistent review and updates to keep the program in line with global best practice guidelines.
- Management and collaboration of the occupational health work rehabilitation team to ensure quality service is maintained and a smooth process flow is in place.
- Training and upskilling of the clinical occupational work rehabilitation team and administration team.
- Ensure a holistic approach is followed for return to work by reviewing the management action plan and ensuring collaboration of the contracted medical service provider, fitness and wellness coordinator, wellness coordinator, medical specialists and other stake holders on the mine site (Industrial hygiene, HR and HODs) to ensure a supported and timely return to normal work.
- Give input to develop the work hardening program and ensure appropriate referrals are made to it with appropriate measures to track outcomes and return of investment.
- Identify complex cases that need more specialized occupational medicine opinion and consult with the relevant specialists for injury and disability management.
- Work collaboratively with nominated stakeholders and the occupational health and wellness teams.
- Develop methods for tracking effectiveness of interventions and review the programmes where necessary including continuous review of SOP’s and work hardening or rehabilitation guidelines and processes.
- The incumbent should ensure regular reports are made available on work rehabilitation matters including attendance, trends and outcomes. On the basis of this, review and revise programmes as required.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in an allied health profession (physiotherapy or occupational therapy)
- Certificate in functional capacity assessment, work rehabilitation or disability management
- 3 years experience in the design and management of return to work planning or disability management.
- 2 years experience in occupational health
- Experience in working in healthcare in a mining environment
- Understanding of working in a multidisciplinary health team is essential
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .