Coordinator, Truckshop L2350
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2021
Within Zambia , Kalumbila , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Role:
To manage the activities of the L2350 Loader Maintenance section in order to maintain the Reliability and availability of the fleet assets. This will involve maximizing the utilization of the resources to achieve cost savings, continuous improvement initiatives, and utilization of synergies throughout the area. In essence this role is to oversee and manage the activities of the L2350 Loader Maintenance section so as to ensure the application of appropriate levels of safety and productivity are maintained in order to meet safety, cost and productivity targets
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that your section works to a weekly plan, provide coaching and mentoring for area HER fitters. Attend weekly planning meetings, review Weekly plans to ensure that they are realistic and achievable. Ensure area supervisors are completing paperwork timely and of the highest quality and all information is getting back to the planners to update the CMMS
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement in L2350 Loader Maintenance activities by encouraging and providing input on processes and support to all subordinates.These wins are to be communicated across the section and key players openly recognized. Continually assess the tooling and equipment to do the job safely and effectively, procure additional resources if necessary
• Provide leadership and mentoring for area shift Supervisors and HER fitters including ongoing training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management. Ensuring the right people are in the right job.
• To oversee the execution of the weekly plan for the maintenance activities of the L2350 Loaders by providing direction to the HER fitters and the maintenance crews. Ensure the unplanned breakdown work is managed effectively and all work captured in Pronto. Ensure PM inspections are being carried out to the highest quality and all corrective work is identified before becoming a breakdown
• Actively participate in all section activities, shift handover communications, toolbox meetings and any other activities as necessary to promote excellence in communications.Liaise with other cross functional sections in order to gain agreement on priorities to enable completion of set tasks in a timely and safe manner.
• Provision of technical advice for existing plant / equipment and development projects. Managing visiting consultants. Fault finding and failure analysis.
Qualifications & Experience
• A minimum of an appropriate Trade certification and experience with heavy mining equipment
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in maintenance role.
• At least 5 years in a senior supervisory role.
• Experience in Component rebuilding and change outs.
• Previous expatriate work beneficial
Job Specific Competencies
• MS Office
• Knowledge of Pronto or other enterprise systems.
• Plant specific experience on L2350 Loaders.
• Previous experience in a large open pit mining operation would be well regarded.
• Demonstrable experience with maintenance management systems will be an advantage.
• Sound mechanical and electrical diagnostic skills would be advantages
• Assisting in the implementing the safety systems and procedures required by the Zambian mines regulations and act particularly as it relates to Mining fleet maintenance
• Contributing to the identification of the significant Health and safety risks and impacts related to Mining fleet maintenance including those related to identified applicable legislation
• Developing and implementation of plans/controls to mitigate significant health and safety risks in your Section.
• Ensuring that the Mining fleet maintenance personnel have the necessary competencies, awareness and training to effectively manage the health and safety risks in their areas.
• Attend and/or conduct regular safety meetings
• Ensure the Section builds and uses SOPs relevant to their work
• Actively promote continuous improvement in safety performance throughout the workforce.
• Conduct informal safety audits of tasks being undertaken in your area on a regular basis.
Key Job Attributes
• The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
• Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
• Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.