Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
04 August 2021
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Responsible for the supervision of engineering maintenance for Gravity Concentrators i.e Knelson and Falcon Machines
• Ensuring the compliance of statutory inspections is done in a timely manner, internally and externally.
• Ensuring the integrity of the plant by managing the condition monitoring program effectively.
• Making sure plant availability of 95% is achieved cost effectively. This will involve active participation with defect elimination strategies and employee performance management, particularly with respect to empowerment, succession planning and accountability.
• Understand Planning maintenance strategies i.e Predictive, Preventive and RCM to optimise the plant equipment’s.
• Prioritize workload independently and as part of a team.
• Make sure the work is done to the appropriate standard and according to Mining Regulation 207.
• Communicate performance expectation to subordinates and address any performance issues that can be improved.
• Maintain a high level safety standard in the section.
• Be able to manage Spare Parts issues for the section.
• Manage Shutdowns to a high standard.
• Solve engineering related problems as they occur.
• Make decisions related to his section and communicate properly to other sections and senior management.
• Being competent on computers and related software packages.
• Other Duties as Directed by the Superintendent and Engineering Manager.
• Sound computer skills. MS word, Excel, Outlook express.
• Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
Experience in working on Fixed Plant machinery particularly on the units below:
• Pressure testing High pressure vessels and cylinders
• Hydraulic and Pneumatics Equipment Floatation Equipment.
• Milling equipments
• Acid Pumping Systems
• Warman Pumps
• Sulzer Pumps
• Compressor and Blowers
• Mechanical Seals
• CCD Thickeners/ Clarifiers
• Agitator Gearboxes
• SX and EW Components.
• Knelson and Falcon.
• Bold Initiative
• Thinking Safety
• Upholding Quality
• Technical Skills
• Driving Quantity
• Managing Attendance
• Very good communicator with strong skills/knowledge ability
• Standby work required
• Overtime when necessary
• Exposure to dust, heat, noise and chemicals
• PC Literacy
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.