Coordinator – Drills
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Superintendent – Shovels & Drills
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Coordinator – Drills.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Shovels & Drills , you will be responsible for supporting the operations in delivering mobile equipment at budgeted availabilities and performance through robust execution of the approved maintenance strategy.
Execute planned maintenance activities
- Execute of planned inspections, component changeouts and corrective work to defined OEM and site standards
- Execute planned work within defined schedule (e.g. +/- 10% of hours)
- Identify future corrective work from planned inspections
- Proactively assess equipment risk and ensure critical backlog work is placed into forward schedules
- Ensure rebuild components are removed, cleaned and issued to supply for repairs
Manage unplanned maintenance activities
- Source labor and materials
- Execute unplanned maintenance to defined OEM and site standards
- Undertake 5 why / root cause analysis for defined equipment downtime events and execute corrective action plans
Develop the skills and competencies of the work team members
- Learning and development plans undertaken for each team member
- Competency assessments undertaken on team members
- ETAMS competency scorecard regularly reviewed and updated
- Employee Lines of Progression managed
- Work is assigned to competent and authorized persons
Manage costs within budget
- Undertake budgeted work to schedule
- Motivate required unbudgeted work
- Understand expenditure and future forecast spend against budget
- Develop forward forecast and budgets in conjunction with Planning and Engineering
- Develop and deploy health, safety and environment improvement plans
- Deploy Management of Change processes by initiating management of change requests for any plant and equipment change
Experience & Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Minimum of 10 years mining experience
- Demonstrated experience in large multi pit operations maintaining large-scale drilling equipment to OEM requirements ( e.g. Sandvik DK45’S, Atlas DML Series machines)
- Demonstrated experience of leading teams
- Demonstrated experience in developing the skills and competencies of people
- Demonstrated competency in work management, fault finding, root cause analysis (RCA) and defect elimination processes applicable to large scale drilling equipment
- Awareness of condition monitoring techniques inclusive of oil condition, thermography, vibration analysis, thickness testing, ultrasonic testing
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: A Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .