To manage/supervise and direct all day-to-day operations and construction activities regarding to civil, mechanical and electrical engineering, contractor management, project management, resource allocation and quality assurance with the resources across site to maximize efficient and safe production at the Kansanshi Mine Site.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Oversee and direct construction projects by developing and Implementing a project plan from conception to completion
- Oversee and direct the construction team on site to ensure safe & efficient completion of the construction project.
- Supervise contractors on-site for the cost-effective, efficient execution and timely completion of all project.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate project risks including construction, operational, and financial risk
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and cost tracking reports.
- Ensure that onsite and offsite construction activities are in constant compliance with Company’s best practice standards.
- Ensure quality control in line with construction standards, materials and the use of proper construction techniques
- Performing regular tests on materials and procedures to ensure compliance with industry regulations.
- Prepare status reports that support the Superintendent with progress & deadline reports, indicating schedule versus plan and progress.
- Manage relevant project related internal and external meetings.
- Coordinate the contractor’s contractual conditions of performance
- Negotiate terms of agreements and obtain permits
- Help manage the sections costs to achieve the maximum business benefit
- To undertake such other duties as may be determined by the Manager.
- Through effective leadership/mentorship cultivate, nurture and foster an enabling and continuous improvement climate/culture in the section
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Quantity Surveying
- Project Management certification will be an added advantage
- Microsoft Office
- MS Projects
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Experience in multidisciplinary construction management with regards to civil, mechanical and electrical installation works
- 10+ years in construction and project management
- Experience in design, project planning, budgeting, procurement and value engineering.
- Experience of project cost controls and scheduling & reporting
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Proven track record of managing construction teams for complex projects in remote sites
- Experience in working with a multi-cultural work force.
- Great mathematical, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Bold Initiative
- Driven – quantity & quality
- THINK Levels Compliance
- Driving Attendance
- Physically fit and able to work on heights.
- Exposure to noise / dust
- Working in confined spaces
- Team player
- Good quality workmanship
- Disciplined and respects others
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Prepared to work long hours when necessary.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate ideas.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Results oriented with strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines with detailed specifications
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, enthusiastic mining and corporate environment
- Able to maintain a high standard of workmanship with employees and contractors
- Overtime and Call Out work may be required
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: