Jobs at:Superior Milling Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
11 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Superior Milling Company Limited (SMCL) is a State-Owned Enterprise and a subsidiary of the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC). The company would like to fill the following positions;
Reporting to the HRM and responsible for managing the canteen, planning meals, ensuring that meals are nutritious and cost-effective. The Cook will superintend over the preparation, cooking and serving of meals ensuring that the kitchen staff handle meal preparation hygienically and serve the meals with the highest quality standards.
• Planning the menu within the set budget, and availability of seasonal ingredients.
• Checking that all meals are prepared with freshness and quality in mind.
• Coordinating with kitchen staff and assisting them as required.
• Scheduling and training kitchen staff to cook the menu items.
• Preparing and cooking special meals as requested by management.
• Maintaining inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment.
• Placing orders to replenish stock.
• Maintaining the menu boards as agreed by management.
• Enforcing safety and sanitation standards to ensure the kitchen area, equipment and utensils are kept clean at all times.
• Receiving feedback and making improvements where necessary.
• Handle any other duties as signed by the Supervisor.
• Professional certificate in relevant field.
• Minimum two (2) years institutional, or restaurant cooking experience.
• Grade 12 certificate.
• Knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants meeting the above-mentioned requirements should send their job application, CV and supporting documents as a single document by email to [email protected] . The closing date for receiving all applications is 11th May 2022. Note that ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.