Consultant, Leadership and Governance
Jobs at:Global Communities
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Empowered Children and Adolescents Project II (ECAP II) aims to enhance resilience and health outcomes among vulnerable children and adolescents (VCA) through a sustained, locally led response to HIV/AIDS and VCA service delivery at the household, community, and sub-national levels in Southern and Central Provinces of Zambia. Global Communities is the Local Capacity Strengthening (LCS) partner to a consortium of five local NGOs with a stress on PC Zambia as a prime. Global Communities capacity strengthening services and support to ECAP II local partners is aimed at: (1) strengthening their organizational systems to reinforce financial and operational management of USAID/PEPFAR funded activities and ensure compliance; (2) strengthening their capacity to effectively plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate USAID programs; and (3) strengthening their organizational and leadership capacity to define strategic direction, manage change and adapt, forge partnerships, and position for sustainable growth.
During the pre-award period, PCZ conducted a formal pre-award capacity assessment on ECAP II partners. Through the process PCZ observed that ECAP II partners have sufficient systems and capacity to receive a USAID award as long as additional risk mitigation, oversight and capacity strengthening mechanisms are put in place. PCZ shared recommendations and priorities that would further improve the position of ECAP II partners to manage USAID funds. As ECAP II’s local capacity strengthening partner, Global Communities has committed to working hand-in-hand with ECAP II local partners to address priority needs and areas, as well as for a longer-term organizational growth and maturation process.
As such, Global Communities is seeking services of a leadership and governance specialist consultant to assess and strengthen the governance functions for ECAP II’s local sub-partners, and provide strategic planning and governance support to the prime.
Scope of Work:
Global Communities is seeking a Leadership, Governance and Strategic Planning Consultant in Zambia to be responsible for providing technical assistance and coaching to strengthen the governance functions of local NGO partners. The consultant will assess the current capacity and gaps of local partner’s governance functions, provide technical assistance around leadership and governance, will develop and conduct a multi-day training for board members and senior leadership to promote the board’s active engagement and enhance their role in grant management, organizational sustainability and growth, and will provide one-on-one coaching. S/he will also provide oversight, guidance and soft skills consulting and executive coaching particularly in the areas of change management, supervisory skills, project management, diversity and other human resource issues. Finally, s/he will provide inputs to strategic planning process, including the design of the process itself, and facilitation of the process as desired.
• Prepare a work plan that defines the approach, timelines and specific activities in consultation with PCZ and Global Communities
• Sensitize Board Directors and Executive /Senior Management Team about board governance and characteristics of a fully functioning Board. Share effective governance and leadership principles and tools
• Assess current Board and Leadership capacity and develop action plans to enhance performance of the board and management
• Support the Executive Team in reviewing present structure and management functions and encourage/propose suitable organigram of the organization
• Design an appropriate learning evaluation format and request the participants to provide their feedback on the training and program
• Improve board capacity for effective board risk oversight, performance management, strategic leadership. Work with the Board of Directors to reinforce their supervisory role especially the audit committee
• Provide guidance that fits the Executive Team’s needs and aligns with the organization.
• Support the Executive Team develop realistic and effective goals as well as monthly action plans for leadership growth
• Design and execute a strategic panning process in consultation with key stakeholders, inclusive of goals, strategies and outcomes to advance the mission, achieve ongoing sustainable impact and guide operations
• Support the development of a five-year strategic plan that includes a budget for implementation
• Provide appropriate encouragement, reinforcement, and support
• Fulfill all agreed-upon expectations as a coach
• Ensure each Board develops a sustainability framework for greater impact within their organization
• Submit a report upon completion of each training sessions and update reports on interventions and ongoing support as agreed with Global Communities. The report should highlight the processes, emerging issues and recommendations, the time frame, and topics covered and other results and achievements
• Inception Report
• Partner Specific Workplans
• Progress Reports
• Final Report
The proposal should include
• A plan that demonstrates a clear understanding of the work to be performance, estimated hours by activity and other relevant information
• Time and cost projections
• The curriculum or approach to leadership and governance assessments and training
• The approach to strategic planning
• A summary of relevant experience
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Management, Psychology, Education, Public Health or other business or health related field
• Must write and speak English fluently
• 10+ years of experience in leadership and coaching for non-profit executive team members or programs
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders, local partners, host country governments, and international donor agencies—especially USAID
• Excellent organizational, writing, and oral presentation skills; proficiency in Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and other web-based communication platforms
• Strong training and presentation skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit internationalcareers-globalcommunities.icims.com .