- Company: The Nature Conservancy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Community Outreach Lead – Eastern Kafue Nature Alliance shall be primarily responsible for the implementation and coordination of the project’s activities related to maternal and child health, clean water, gender and human wellbeing and their integration into the project’s community conservation program. The position will be based in TNC’s Mumbwa Office and will report to the Chief of Party. This is a 5-year term limited position, dependent on the duration of funding from USAID, and extension of tenure will be subject to performance and availability of funds.
The Community Outreach Lead – Eastern Kafue Nature Alliance will provide expert technical support to the project’s primary target beneficiaries, being the local communities that depend on the landscape for their livelihoods and survival, and to the public and private collaborating partners, private market actors and contractors with which the project will engage. Specifically, they will provide hands-on strategic guidance and technical oversight for community capacity building and practices for improving community health and reducing the human, economic, and ecological burdens of high maternal and child diseases, mortality, and water insecurity. These activities will involve strong liaison and collaboration with local communities and community health groups (e.g. Safe Motherhood Action Groups), relevant Government agencies (Ministry of Health, Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development), private market actors and other NGOs in the landscape.
- BA/BS degree in Environmental Health, Health Education, Social Sciences, or similar relevant field
- 5 years’ practical experience in community-based health and/or nutrition education and community mobilization
- Experience working with or in collaboration with Ministry of Health at district level
- Experience in health and/or clean water management donor-funded project implementation
- Experience in partnership development and management with government partners, non-profit organisations, private sector and/or community groups
- Experience in negotiating and conflict management
- Proven communication skills in written, spoken and graphical means in English
- Competence in computer skills (e.g. Excel, Word)